What's the latest Sync version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon F

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 Expedition Max Platinum and noticed I was having the same issue with the Waze speed being wrong when using CarPlay. I downloaded the latest Sync update and installed and yes, this fixed the Waze issue! My question is, I am still on Sync 3.0. I notice there are people discussing 3.3 and 3.4. Are these currently available for the 2019? If not, why?

Thanks.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, - there's a long thread on here how to install. i'm in NE Columbus myself and i'm tempted to go to 3.4 soon

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Platinum and did the update from 3.0 to 3.4 build 19274. It was simple and smooth, I left the car running and sat inside for about 40 mins.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 Expedition Max Platinum and noticed I was having the same issue with the Waze speed being wrong when using CarPlay. I downloaded the latest Sync update and installed and yes, this fixed the Waze issue! My question is, I am still on Sync 3.0. I notice there are people discussing 3.3 and 3.4. Are these currently available for the 2019? If not, why?

Thanks.

3.4, while the files are Ford files is not officially released.

3.0 19205 will fix the Waze issue and should be available on the owner site to download and install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

scotthere

Reaction score
There are so many threads on syncX. Is there a way to make it a sub forum like the generations threads?

Ok, think I read some thread I can't find again to 27 of 45 thread pages. Might have missed it somehow but still have these questions.

1. Should I update sync 3.0 via Ford download before doing the update to 3.4? (already downloaded 3.0).
2. The ford latest has 2019 maps so if I do the ford 3.0 update first can/should I do the no maps update to 3.4?
3. In that thread I read mention of 2 and 3 USB stick upgrades. The current tutorial at Cyanlabs doesn't mention that so is that overcome by the download app or do I need to read elsewhere?
4. I have several very large USB STICKS no 32 or < is there a max size?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are so many threads on syncX. Is there a way to make it a sub forum like the generations threads?

Ok, think I read some thread I can't find again to 27 of 45 thread pages. Might have missed it somehow but still have these questions.

1. Should I update sync 3.0 via Ford download before doing the update to 3.4? (already downloaded 3.0).
2. The ford latest has 2019 maps so if I do the ford 3.0 update first can/should I do the no maps update to 3.4?
3. In that thread I read mention of 2 and 3 USB stick upgrades. The current tutorial at Cyanlabs doesn't mention that so is that overcome by the download app or do I need to read elsewhere?
4. I have several very large USB STICKS no 32 or < is there a max size?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1. No need just Follow instructions using CyanLabs downloader.
2. Don’t worry about any of Fords updates, and use the CyanLabs Downloader to install including Maps.
3. Should only need one based on the version you said you were at.
4. Largest I have used is 64GB, but it should support larger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scotthere

Reaction score
1. No need just Follow instructions using CyanLabs downloader.
2. Don’t worry about any of Fords updates, and use the CyanLabs Downloader to install including Maps.
3. Should only need one based on the version you said you were at.
4. Largest I have used is 64GB, but it should support larger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LW, thanks. Guess I'll letter rip, first time pucker factor though. Especially since I just paid BMW bucks to to replace one of my two HP fuel pumps $1300 each. Need some overtime. I need to school up on the expy fuel system.