Wheel Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

producer4u

Reaction score
I just got some 22" wheels, for my 2000 Expedition, and in doing so, had changed the rotors,pads, and when doing so, was advised to changed the ball joints, upper and lower, and now I am having a time finding a location to get an alignment done, which being in a small town the only place wants to charge me about $250.00 for the alignment, and was wondering if that is a fair price?, and would I be better off putting factory wheels back on for alignment?
Any help would be much appreaciated, and I'll be posting pics soon of my whip.:)

roryqueale

Reaction score
I did same thing to my 2000. I put on 22 inch rims and replaced a ball joint. While i was in there, i upgraded all rotors and pads. I'm a mechanic myself, and the alignment rack we have (like many in my area) wont do 22" rims.
Seeing as my alignment was off just a touch before i did all the work, i put my factory rims back on (that i just put brand new snow tires on) and did an aligntment like that.
It drives out perfectly straight with no pull, doesnt matter if i have factory rims or the 22's on. Worked for me, hopefully will work for you.

ps. 250 for an alignment??? are you kidding? my shop charges on average 80-100 dollars.... but maybe its the area you live in....

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback,
They are also saying I may need a cam kit, what is this?, or is this a tactic to over charge me?, and how can I look into my Expedition and tell if I need this or not?
Thanks again for the feedback, I just might throw them factory rims back on and see what they say and do,.

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well when i had my 97 sexpo. they said the samething it bring the a frame in or out to adjust caster or camber

OP
OP
P

producer4u

Reaction score
I just got the cam kit placed and will get alignment in the morning, hopefully it won't hit the pocket to hard.
thanks for all the response, and pic will be coming soon.
PEACE