1998 XLT 2WD Constant alignment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HamAndBologna

Reaction score
I have a 98 expidition xlt rear wheel drive 4.6L v8. For some reason I can't keep the front wheels in alignment. Control arms and bushings are good. Ball joints are good. Tie rods appear to be fine. Shocks are new. I take it in to get the alignment done and a day or 2 later the toe angle on the passenger wheel will be pointed way out. Everytime. I'm going through tires and gas and money like you wouldn't believe. Help?

John Stocker

Reaction score
Similar issue with car drifting to the left. Previous install of control arms were backwards. They are marked left and right....no way can they align correctly if installed reversed!

Good luck!

George Baca

Reaction score
I have a 98 expidition xlt rear wheel drive 4.6L v8. For some reason I can't keep the front wheels in alignment. Control arms and bushings are good. Ball joints are good. Tie rods appear to be fine. Shocks are new. I take it in to get the alignment done and a day or 2 later the toe angle on the passenger wheel will be pointed way out. Everytime. I'm going through tires and gas and money like you wouldn't believe. Help?
Try installing a camber kit?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire