Where are you from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wulleebullee

Reaction score
Diehard Ford Forever

I live in East Texas and work in a local cardiac cath lab. I enjoy my old Ford trucks, woodworking, and building/troubleshooting computers.

Kenomni

Reaction score
We should have a thread dedicated to where everyone is from. I know a lot of us have it at the top right, but not everyone. Think it would be nice to know who is from where and maybe have a map with where everyone is from. Anyone second this?

Dale from Mid Michigan here

Good idea. I'm from TampaBay; Tarpon Springs to be exact.
Ken.

hawkred10

Reaction score
Born and bred...

Hi out there!
Found this forum and I think I'm gonna like it!
Born in Chicago (Southside!!!), live in Romeoville, IL (about 40 miles West).
This isn't my first trip to the rodeo....I had a 1998 Ford Explorer I bought used in 2005 with only 60,000 miles on it. Loved it dearly! But in 2010 my Father had passed away (US Marine MstGSgt-Vietnam.....Semper Fi baby!!) and I inherited his 2003 Ford Expedition that he had just bought less than 9 months previously. As an avid Ford owner (Dad) I felt obligated to keep the tradition. Afterall, I was driving a Ford, my older brother had a 2007 Ford Explorer, and older sister drove a 2008 Navigator!

A quick swipe of restore black on the trim (look that one up on some forum) and a good wash and Hawkred was mine. Just recently though I had to have a major tune up and the coils replaced.
After reading some of you with more than 300k on your trucks....I feel confident I can keep him for another 3-5 years!

And P.s. as a 5' 3" woman don't under estimate my driving! Big trucks with 4 wheel drive are made for a reason.....Mudding or plowing through Midwest blizzards!!! hahahah

realdeal1127

Reaction score
orange county ,ca 99 5.4 exp eb newbie

Found second home here great stuff n here . Still having trouble w/ my baby thoe runs great cold but when she get hot starts to throw a tantrum. Shakes ,stumbles on acceleration. Got some great ideas just need to put it into practice.

Last edited:

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Noob Expy owner from Montreal, Canada here.

Just got my truck few days ago after a lot of searching and hesitating between getting the Expy or a Diesel Excursion. Finally settled on the Expy and couldn't be happier. Love it!

It's a black & tan 2004 Eddie Bauer, 57k miles, very well maintained, fully loaded (nav, dvd, air ride, a lot of bells and whistles). The owner said it cost around $67k Canadian brand new.

I got a bit of sh*t from friends for buying a "gas guzzler", but my answer to them is that between my civic hybrid daily commuter and the Expy I prolly get better overall mileage that their families with 2 sedans. Plus, nothing beats the feeling of driving this truck! :D I have to constantly fight the urge to take it to work instead of the Civic. I probablly will use it to commute at least once a week, just for the heck of it. And i'll obviously use it to commute in winter. The Civic's low ground clearance is no match for the amount of snow we get here sometimes.

I'm glad I found this forum. Lots of great info. I read about the GOTTS mod and plan to do it as soon as I have some spare time. I'm also looking at installing a freeflow exhaust and maybe buying the chip programmer. I'll combine these mods with hypermiling techniques to push MPGs as high as possible. (15 city and 22 hwy should do)

Cheers!
Robert.

Last edited: