Where are you from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Clark

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Expedition owners! I am new to the site. My first Ford product was a 2001 Excursion I bought used in 2010. I got it to tow and for driving in snowy mountains, and other road trips. I loved the truck, but my wife... not so much. I sold it and bought a new 2016 Expedition EL Platinum in October of '15. My overall impression after over a year with it, is I love it. It may not be as much of a truck as the Excursion, but the features, the performance and the ride can't be beat.

I actually considered the '15 Expedition a year earlier but decided to wait for the Sync 3 system and the promise of Apple Carplay. For those of you that did the same, you already know the frustration. Then, about a month ago, my whole Sync 3 interface stopped working. I have been working with my local Ford dealership to get it fixed. They replace the APIM today, which gave me the long awaited upgrade to Sync 3 (version 2.0), but there are other problems now. They didn't program it properly. Very frustrating.

In my opinion dealerships generally don't even know there own products.

Anyways, happy to be here.
Thanks!