Where does your Expedition reside??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine resides in a “TWO” car garage, that is if your second vehicle is a Mini Cooper.
Explorer, Sienna, and Highlander have about an inch to the back wall and garage door if you try to park in there and no way anyone is getting out of the passenger side if you pull in with enough space to open the drivers door. But it works well for some storage and some play equipment.
I still have about 8’-10’ behind the Expedition. I would like to punch whoever designed this garage.
Though I do have a second larger garage directly underneath that I use as my shop. It is just a very low 8’ ceiling so my SUVs and truck don’t get lifted up very high to work on them.

DD44E5FA-4B98-4903-846E-1EAB0FF6AFC8.jpeg

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good for you brother! I can "fit" mine into my garage but since I restore and collect motorcycle and have a little 2-seater convertible, the Beast resides under a canopy....it has handled 4" of rain in three hours, 8.5" of wet, packing snow.....it is NOT something they sell at Harbor Freight but their cheap one gave me the idea for this!

jeff

Appearance package.jpg

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in the BIG garage, I wished i had made the door 9 feet wide vice 8, fold the mirrors and still have 5 or 6" on either side, but once inside its ROOMY
the first ones with the silver insulation, just could not hold back the hot texas western sun. so we added another layer of r19 to bring us up to r25 on the walls and r19 in the super insulated garage doors
this fall the ceiling gets blown in r45 .....walls r30 then a BIG ass airconditioner
remodel 2018 (54).jpg

remodel 2018 (16).jpg

2018 remodel.jpg

Last edited:

Z4Mguy

Reaction score
Lucky enough to have 3 single car garages, one of which is extra deep and the Expedition EL fits just fine. I back it in b/c its easier, put some tape marks on the floor for the centerline so its easy to get it right. I can do it with the mirrors out, but mostly fold them in just in case.

When I was shopping for these, I looked at both the Expedition and Yukon XL - first thing at the dealers I did was say, I just need to drive one of these home and make sure it fits in the garage, otherwise, I've got to move on to something else.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As you can see the previous owner put a cheap coat of grey paint on the garage floor that of course peeled up the first time I drove on it. So I just line up the backup lines with them.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expedition resides in the house garage. The big stuff is in the building.