Where to get an extra key?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
Hi there,
I need to get an extra key for my 2015 5.4L V8 Expedition.
Any suggestions where to get one, given I'm in the UK?
Presumably programming instructions are online somewhere?
thanks
Mike

ZXAUeJ0rZw96oicWS_NBdbw2G--BGpc-t2yzGUp4u3u2QXKVwe4Gwb5w7QOorI3qP6CkQnHtBM-JIAUcHTFh-jtm4b8Jmg1cRxaRLrpOj4_JNXhCJJwE06pNIyPtKWuwbqqtlQiVeHCOPO-PmahXmuPF_90ae_p9tbeFUsWWyhRvqeEYShM9tIVatMe6YVWvF_LTVq5wse1sMfqKD6iMRhmx0B9AVFhN-v1fIVzwDGvUJq3kOXlIPK4R15lcL8LCav1UpJRiWpWlejY6TaYufDRTB5IHkIohCV8_90fzBaISxllH21C24CBueySAz-7hM0PhqXZgsP4UYQMf6O5qj2WmcRtWdeKt5funcwovTfCiQ-L-cDKdRcQLHi_B5ckj_76Lronx65lEec7NTl_-lRHSOQj6kLw9YJQOvtU_sVz_fK4SR8tD_NDVdxykv9pnmo54ix46KGFzr__2KYWS-j4v7mDeELZjRWbWdN9iujhNcOTbubgP4XMEmVsFiUln_1ths4X47d3FsCtNd9tc4TmDDv_bvVfP3LJsrZ5PpCD8GBy21MV_tH-OOvWBzrhKlx743_xx9029_A5f8Ozj41SQQ8JdsPDRciOBDblBlDgqU9a5LyUx2WeaEyKXQogW94qTdOQQ2hrQSywBStjUtYa4vH5gur05hqcxlwi334O91VteCrlN1pS0=w500-h888-no

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Well I can't find the spare, so Yep!
Without the second key you'll need the services of a locksmith. I got my second key off Ebay and had my locksmith cut and program it for the ignition.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan and OBDII adapter was able to program both my 2017 expedition and 2012 focus with only one key. Had the key cut at a locksmith, but did the programming myself.

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
Just an aside, but I’ve had issues getting local locksmiths to cut eBay keys. They say the crap metal gums up their machines. I’d check with them first before ordering one online.

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers - do the programming instructions that come with the amazon keys need you to have some other device to complete it, or is it like on earlier models, just a series of buitton presses? (I dunno what Forscan or OBDII are - busy googling!)

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers - do the programming instructions that come with the amazon keys need you to have some other device to complete it, or is it like on earlier models, just a series of buitton presses? (I dunno what Forscan or OBDII are - busy googling!)
The instructions on Amazon only work if you have 2 working keys already(not clones). Get the adapter and download the free program from forscan. There’s an entire thread about forscan in here to help you get it all set up. It will save you at least $100 and that’s including adapter cost.

Wolf

Reaction score
I’m a locksmith, and yes, you’ll need the Forescan app, an OBDII adapter and a windows machine to program the key yourself—I’d stay away from cheap programming machines you may find online, they can damage your truck computer.

If you get a key from eBay or Amazon, do try to find the ford OEM aftermarket stuff, Ilco has some great remote head keys. And getting a cut key shouldn’t be too hard with a quality brand key. If you get a key-code for the truck I can cut one and send it to you for $40 plus shipping. You can email me at [email protected].

nice truck, hope you find another key!