Which OBD-II adapter works for 2003 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Spades

Reaction score
No it does not work. Fuse is good and other code readers are able to connect to my Expedition but not with my adapter. My adapter is able to connect to other cars so I know it's not defective.

Last edited:

jdecker

Reaction score
Very strange, a friend of my son has the exact model you pictured that he said he got off e-bay we tried it and it worked on both the 03 and 04.

jdecker

Reaction score
You really don't need to worry about ms-can until after 04+, and even then your PCM, ABS, 4x4, etc. will still be on hs-can. Things like radio, hvac, seat control, etc will be on ms-can.

OP
OP
S

Spades

Reaction score
Im wondering if its just my settings that wont connect

Im using Torque Pro App with J1850-PWM as the protocol. This is the same protocol that works with my old Palm Pilot using OBD Gauge App but is very limited in functions. Ive also tried selecting "Auto" for the protocol but still no connect. Ive also select /deselect "Faster Communication" check box

jdecker

Reaction score
I texted the kid with the adapter, he said the only thing he remembers having to do was select the adapter in the Torque app settings and it worked.
So I guess I'm no help as to why yours doesn't work.

OP
OP
S

Spades

Reaction score
OK i bought the ADFX brand bluetooth adapter and it connects now, so im happy about that. I would like to monitor trans temp and it looks like it isnt able to read it. Is it the adapter or should i try the Forscan app? I read that the Forscan app can read things that Torque Pro cant, and im hoping that trans temp is one of them

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK i bought the ADFX brand bluetooth adapter and it connects now, so im happy about that. I would like to monitor trans temp and it looks like it isnt able to read it. Is it the adapter or should i try the Forscan app? I read that the Forscan app can read things that Torque Pro cant, and im hoping that trans temp is one of them

I would try the Forscan app. I was able to read engine codes with my ELM327 and the Torque app. But was able to access the ABS codes with Forscan, if I recall correctly. I need to pair mine up again with my phone as I had to do a factory reset on it recently.

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan is the best app of them all, it can do a lot. Even PATS key programming if used on a Windows laptop.. :)

Regarding trans temp, both Forscan and Torque can provide this, but on Torque you need to go into custom PIDs and download the Ford specific PID list to enable this.