Whine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Extortion

Reaction score
lately i been noticing a whine noise that goes up and down with the rpms, its the same in park and i rev it.. it kinda sounds like a rc car... i checked the power steering fluid and its in the good range.. just wondering on what it can be and how i can stop it..

Last edited:

gazbold

Reaction score
Yeah but..

lately i been noticing a whine noise that goes up and down with the rpms, its the same in park and i rev it.. it kinda sounds like a rc car... i checked the power steering fluid and its in the good range.. just wondering on what it can be and how i can stop it..

I have an F150 we keep for a 'beater' and it has the same whine you're talking about. A damned annoying one ! Anyway, I took it into my mechanic and he gave me a pained expression and said "So what, all tritons' pumps do that eventually". It must be an involved job to get that look but I trust the man and took his advice to let it be for now.

Fine for a beater that gets run perhaps 5 times a year I know. Different for your daily ride.

Check this out http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50705

My money is on the power steering pump.

Last edited: