Who Tunes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lightnin

Reaction score
Do you have a link on what I would need to purchase? I looked over their site and I don't see any prices. Also is the special forces just a program for the laptop or is it the chips and the programer also. This is my first to dally in and I don't know whats involved.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you will probably want the flash adapter model so you can do a bunch of vehicles if you so desire. You can program any ford vehicle 96 and up with that hardware.... not just expeditions. The package comes with the special forces software and flash programmer. You pull the stock file from the truck, change it with the software (the flash adapter plugs into the computer with USB) then you write the file back to the flash adapter then you can flash it back to the truck. You can always put the stock file back if you so desire and you can save the files on your computer in case someone ever steals your flash adapter.
Call those guys, they are very helpful. Chris or Pat Stadjel will probably answer the phone. These guys have been behind the scenes at all the other tuning companies (diablosport, superchips, hypertech) for years and have only recently been doing this on their own.
Matt

OP
OP
L

lightnin

Reaction score
Well I haven't called them yet. So I seen where you can do 2 vehicles with the special forces before buying extra "bullets" does that mean you can do each vehicle once or 2 vehicles infinantly? I wasn't sure if I could tune our vehicle wich uses one and the if need be put it back stock as one? Does that question make any sence?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get two bullets with the main purchase. This allows 2 ford vehicles to be flashed infinite times as it saves the VIN numbers in the prorammer. I have done programs in my expedition and in a 03 Powerstroke (with the diesel software) with the 2 bullets it came with.
It's really a versitile setup.
Matt