Why don’t all trucks have this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Any different display than just switching the ignition On? All the indicator lights should illuminate momentarily when that happens.

Any idea what these mean?

IMG_5701.JPG IMG_5699.JPG

I'm guessing the 190224 is the date I set several items in the computers with FORSCAN.

IMG_5698.JPG IMG_5682.JPG

Last edited:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oddly I think every vehicle owned has had this all the way back to my 84 Tbird when I was still in school. I've always gravitated towards the better equipped vehicles in my life so that may be why. Older or not some have adorned some impressive features.

While appreciated the one on the expy, at least my '03 comes on far too early IMO. It alerts at about 50%. Curerntly I'm trying to go through all of the de icer fluid that's in there and every time I get in and every so often while driving it alerts me. I was my car weekly at the least and sont use it often so it's going to be part of my life for awhile.

I thought most cars had this too. Lol
I'm so used to Town Cars (and I had one 90 Caddy) that I thought it was standard.

I rely so much on distance to empty beeping at 50 miles that I once ran my wife's Old minivan out of gas on interstate! I saw the little low fuel light come on but you have a long way after that.....WELL not if you forget and keep in trucking at 75mph. About 32 miles later it went blohhhh----as it slowed down.

Love my driver info centers.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A windshield washer fluid sensor. This feature has always come in handy on my ‘07 Expedition EL, especially in winter time. Always nice to get a courtesy warning so you don’t run out of washer fluid and lose your visibility on salty or dirt roads. I’ve run out of washer fluid in much newer vehicles in winter time that had no warning and you found out when it ran dry.....not exactly the most convenient or safe!

View attachment 35340
I love the gauge package you have. Clear and to the point!

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I can usually rely on Distance to Empty. Thru inattention, though, when first towing my travel trailer with my '07 the 50 mile warning came on and I dawdled finding gas (hey 50 miles is almost an hour!) but the truck was nearly sucking air 10 miles down the road. ;( The '17 truck has will adapt that when I'm towing for a more realistic distance.

These are the test screens. Appears I can drive 598 more miles until I'm empty. Engine ain't running, though, so that instant fuel economy number is bogus. Next screen reflects what shows on the dash when DTE is displayed.

To be truthful most of the extra data on the dash is petty useless. A tachometer is jewelry on this vehicle so I rarely display that. Digital speedometer is my default.

-- Chuck

IMG_5696.JPG IMG_5695.JPG

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw the low washer warning for the first time ever and don't like looking at it for a month plus I don't like the low gas warning either, I can see the gas gauge and when the fluid is out it's out. I never needed any of it plus the TPMS and the oil life light, it's all for dummies and daydreamers. Be aware not warned.

Dsouza

Reaction score
its a Great thing to have on the Expedition rather than cursing that its empty..

os1kne

Reaction score
Agree that all vehicles should have an indicator for low washer fluid. I've had many that don't have it.