Why would these wheels be a "bad fit?"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
So I was ordering a wheel/tire package from an online vendor yesterday. Everything went well, but they called me back last night saying that their wheel supplier said these wheels were a "bad fit" on the expedition.

He said he didn't know really what that meant but asked if I would choose a different wheel.

Well there really isn't another that I like so I'd like to make these work.

These are the wheels I selected in a 24x10

Niche Vice m233
300x_niche_vice_silver.jpg

You think maybe they were just referring to the rear axle stubs sticking out or am I missing something?

TKGracy

Reaction score
I am curious as well, as I was looking at these wheels, but possibly in the 20" black version.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
I am curious as well, as I was looking at these wheels, but possibly in the 20" black version.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I sent them an email asking if they could figure out specifically what makes them a "bad fit."

Like I mentioned in the email there is another wheel out there, Ferrada ft3, that looks almost the same with the same exact specs that I know fits the new expeditions.

There are pictures of one on the 24x10 Ferrada ft3

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
quite likely the load rating....as our trucks are heavier they need stronger wheels (to be 110% safe)

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I was ordering a wheel/tire package from an online vendor yesterday. Everything went well, but they called me back last night saying that their wheel supplier said these wheels were a "bad fit" on the expedition.

He said he didn't know really what that meant but asked if I would choose a different wheel.

Well there really isn't another that I like so I'd like to make these work.

These are the wheels I selected in a 24x10

Niche Vice m233
View attachment 31773

You think maybe they were just referring to the rear axle stubs sticking out or am I missing something?
Probably the fact that your truck will look like a piece of s**t rolling down the road on those 24s... your ride comfort is going to severely suffer and I guarantee you won’t be able to fit them in there without all sorts of rubbing and scraping.

You’re the guy who is asking a wheel and tire vendor for advice, which they’ve given you, and you in your lack of knowledge for what size wheels and tires will fit are questioning their expertise. If I were you, I’d listen before you make a mistake

OP
OP
D

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
Probably the fact that your truck will look like a piece of s**t rolling down the road on those 24s... your ride comfort is going to severely suffer and I guarantee you won’t be able to fit them in there without all sorts of rubbing and scraping.

You’re the guy who is asking a wheel and tire vendor for advice, which they’ve given you, and you in your lack of knowledge for what size wheels and tires will fit are questioning their expertise. If I were you, I’d listen before you make a mistake

Lol someone doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

The tires are less than half an inch larger than factory and slightly wider. They fit perfectly fine on a stock or even lowered expedition. That's already been proven so there goes your guarantee.

Yeah all the vendor could tell me was his supplier said the wheels were a "bad fit." They said nothing about the wheel/tire combo.

The car will ride just fine with 24's on it.

Btw here's a stock expedition on a wheel with the same exact specs as the one I posted with the same size tire I plan to run. So I know a similar wheel works is the only reason why I asked.

FB_IMG_1566928444131.jpg

Last edited:

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol someone doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

The tires are less than half an inch larger than factory and slightly wider. They fit perfectly fine on a stock or even lowered expedition. That's already been proven so there goes your guarantee.

Yeah all the vendor could tell me was his supplier said the wheels were a "bad fit." They said nothing about the wheel/tire combo.

The car will ride just fine with 24's on it.

Btw here's a stock expedition on a wheel with the same exact specs as the one I posted with the same size tire I plan to run. So I know a similar wheel works is the only reason why I asked.

View attachment 31776
Still gonna look and ride like (insert poop emoji here)

If you’re so sure on fitment, why did you waste tor finger energy with a post? Also if you do t have CCD you’re screwed. You’ll feel the year a penny was made when you run one over

OP
OP
D

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
Still gonna look and ride like (insert poop emoji here)

If you’re so sure on fitment, why did you waste tor finger energy with a post? Also if you do t have CCD you’re screwed. You’ll feel the year a penny was made when you run one over
You're entitled to your opinion.

Im sure that a wheel with the exact same specs fits, but it makes you think there's something I don't know about the wheel I chose when the dealer said that.

Im confident going from a 22 to 24 won't be too much worse. If it's that bad I'll just use the massaging seats to alleviate the pain lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni