Will 285/55/20 tires fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minichunks

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the garbage toyo's that came on our 2019 MAX Limited, and was hoping to go with the Wildpeak A/T3. Unfortunately, they only come in passenger tire load ratings at the stock size. I tow a boat quite a bit in the summer and want an LT tire. The Wildpeak comes in 285/55/20 with load E, and i'm thinking they'll fit with no lift, but was interested to know if anyone has actually done it. The diameter goes from 31.9" stock to 32.4" and width goes from 11.1" stock to 11.2".

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, it's fine. Your speed will be off almost 1mph at 60mph. Calculations here.

Edit: In case you're wondering where I got the rim width and offset data from, it's here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

minichunks

Reaction score
Yeah, it's fine. Your speed will be off almost 1mph at 60mph. Calculations here.

Edit: In case you're wondering where I got the rim width and offset data from, it's here.

Thanks for the info. I also talked to my tire shop and they confirmed that there will not be a problem. I'll post some pictures up after I get them installed on Wednesday. The stock Toyo Open Country HT-D were terrible in the snow. We bought the Expy used with 35k and put 10k on over the summer. Tread still has a lot of life left, so they wear nicely, but we almost got stuck on a road with about 2 inches of snow on it the other day(it's 4WD). That was right after the wife almost had it swap ends on her(mostly user error, but better tires would not have made the situation far less extreme). Hopefully I have as good of luck as most people who've been raving about the Wildpeak's.

Randy_270

Reaction score
I’d pass on the Wildpeak AT3Ws unless they are significant cheaper. I put them on my F250 shortly before I sold it to my dad. I was disappointed with the ice traction. The truck would fight to stop at stop signs where our Expedition on Goodyear Duratracs would just stop. The F250 had some Continental Contitrac tires on before and I’d say they were almost even on ice traction. The Falkens did much better than the Continentals in snow, but about same on ice.