Will not shift out of park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qatarguy

Reaction score
Currently having the same problem (Since 2 months now) intermittently. Drove a few days with the central console (around the gear shift) removed so that i could manually release the small plastic interlock and get the gear shift into drive. Now its not as frequent so covered the console again. It does work after a few pumps of the brake pedal. I did spray WD40 in the general direction of the physical interlock mechanism thinking the same as what Galaxypilot suggested... that coffee had been spilled by the previous owner, but that's not the problem.

Anyway, thanks to Gixer2000, will get myself the part shown from the local Ford dealer.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stop light relay switch. Mounted above the brake pedal. Those things go out and you're stuck dead in the water. About 20mins and 20$ and it should fix the problem

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in the day when i was a young buck apprentice at my favorite ford dealership,this was a very common issue. Wires are harnessed way to short and would break right near the brake lamp switch. Turn key on,shift to neutral,start vehicle,drive into bay and repair wiring. Rangers,Taurus,Tempo,all of the above. Now having said that,it may not be as easy on the "newer" gen 3 Expy. Just sayin. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65