Window and window sill issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctaylor45

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2003 expedition EB, and need to fix a couple of issues. the first is the driver side window. it stopped rolling all the way up and stops about half an inch before sealing with the window frame. what could be the cause of this? and how difficult would a self fix be? Also, the window sill moldings are fading pretty bad, and would like to either replace or repaint myself. does anybody have instructions on how to take them off? how much would new ones cost? i cant find any online, only chrome sill trim which i dont want. any help is appreciated, i have posted pics below to show the issues, thank you!

2012-04-13_10-28-35_774.jpg
2012-04-13_10-28-06_16.jpg

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I do not know why the window would not go all of the way up, but I know my dad's 04 has driver's side window issues too... For the trim though, look up some of the threads on plasti-dip. I used the stuff on the rims of my truck as well as the silver trim on my truck. I can get some pics if you'd like to see the trim. But a lot of guys here have been using that to redo their trim. Hope that helps.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Painting would be just removing, sand and paint. New would probably have to come from dealer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Survival

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ Auto Zone and Discount Advanced Auto Parts they acutally sale a rattle can thats specified for the trimmings...its like $6...and the window try removing the inside door panel and pull the seals off....try to readjust the seals and then try to close it...if still doesnt work right remove the window from the track...run the track up by hitting the window switch then back down replace the widow and see if itll work fine...if not it cant be much of a problem im sure its something thats not lineing up right....

OP
OP
C

ctaylor45

Reaction score
are there any instructions on how to remove the window sills? would like remove so I can paint them. I tried removing but felt like i was going to break them. will definitely try the plasti-dip, thank you guys for the info!

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree any how to's out there? Because I need to paint mine also - might have to do them on the vehicle which would suck

DSNY

Reaction score
Just bumping this to see if anyone does know how to remove the window trim sills mentioned.

I can mask around and spray but it would be a whole lot easier to take it off.

Not the rubber but the sill part the keypad fits through like on the drivers door