Window tinting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WI law hates window tint......
Tons of people get nailed for it by the state patrol.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tinted with ceramic even did the sunroof, it's a must! In Florida it's a dramatic difference.

Andy C

Reaction score
Once my windshield gets replaced ceramic will be applied to front windshield and panoramic roof. I think it will benefit a lot in Texas sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tfw279

Reaction score
Getting ready to do mine. I prefer darker inside, so I do 20% on the front, but will have them go 20% on top of the existing tints as well. Finally windshield I do a 50%.

I did the same on my Yukon and not once was I ever pulled over for tints. I'm in CT so its not too strict.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the clear ceramic on the windshield a tint strip and side windows also did a light ceramic on the sunroof just. A light tint and on a sunny Florida day you can have the shade open which my friends can't figure out.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It could be an "urban legend" but (back in the day) a tint installer would not do the moonroof on my 2003 Super Duty because he said it could cause the glass to shatter. Most of the tinters don't turn down business so there may have been some truth to it. Really didn't make much difference to me as I only occasionally had the moonroof fully open, mostly closed and buttoned up.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
In MN here the tint places declined to do the sunroof as it was a huge piece of glass and with heat/cold/moisture potential, etc. they said same thing. The moving glass isn't that big but that other rear piece is big enough for me not to push them.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New York too. Why? Because no one can make eye contact with you and know if you've seen them before going through an intersection.Tinting front row windows is dangerous.

Last edited:

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did 70% on rear doors, rear side windows and back window on top of factory. It's ceramic and UV. Front windows I did 35% ceramic and UV. Legal in AZ is 30. Tint shop owner told me police are cracking down on window tint, especially on dark colored cars. I think 30 is ok. I do wish it was a little darker, but next step was 20. I had 18% years ago and it was too dark at night. I've read that you should not tint an sunroof because they can break.

IMG_20190603_151059742_HDR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziZ