Windshield Moulding Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waukegan

Reaction score
Hello all! Have a minor situation that hopefully I can get some answers/assistance on.

I purchased a 2013 Ford Expedition. This is my 2nd one and I love it. Just have one issue. Periodically, a piece that has been identified as the "Driver Side Windshield Moulding" comes out of place every so often.

I will drive my truck, then I will notice it flapping in the wind which then Im forced to pull over and stuff it back in place, then about 5 days later itll slip back out and flap in the wind again. Been happening for awhile and Im finally deciding to do something about it.

I went on the Ford parts website and chatted with an agent and they identified the part that Im having problem with as the "LH/Driver side Windshield Moulding is: 7L1Z-7851693-A" and here is a link to the part:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/moulding-roof-drip-rail-finish-6305301-1

My questions are:

1. Does my problem require a whole new part, or is this fixable with the original piece?
2. If I do need the new part, is installation something I can do on my own, or should I get it professionally done?

I have attached some pictures so people can see the issues. Any replies will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
IMG_8123.jpg IMG_8124.jpg IMG_8125.jpg