Wiper issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcos

Reaction score
Purchased a 2021 Stealth Edition Expedition. There are a few things I don’t like, but the biggest nuisance is that the auto & intermittent wipers do not work. Scheduled a dealer visit but they don’t know what’s wrong so they’re just ordering parts to replace. Any thoughts?

StephenPT

Reaction score
Not sure about on the fix for Expedition, but I had a brand new 2017 Honda Accord Touring that wouldn't run the wipers with the automatic (rain sensor) mode. The fix was pulling a couple of fuses in the engine compartment, which then reset the rain sensor module. Been working perfect ever since. Might be something similar needed to fix your Expedition?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Purchased a 2021 Stealth Edition Expedition. There are a few things I don’t like, but the biggest nuisance is that the auto & intermittent wipers do not work. Scheduled a dealer visit but they don’t know what’s wrong so they’re just ordering parts to replace. Any thoughts?
Are the automatic wipers turned on in the instrument cluster menu?
Do you have the wipers set to one of the intermittent settings on the stick to the left of the steering wheel?

OP
OP
B

bcos

Reaction score
Everything is the way it’s supposed to be in order for them to work.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Biggest gripe I had about the rain sensing wipers is that they are TOO sensitive and will sweep even at the slightest amount of drops.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this problem when I took delivery of my 2018. The sensor had fallen off its housing behind the rearview mirror. Easy fix at the dealer. I hope yours is as easy to remedy.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You want to know what I dont like about the automatic front windshield wipers? Of course you do.

2020 expy plat and if the automatic wiper is on, whenever I start the vehicle in the shade or in the garage, the wipers always make one swipe upon engine start.

No moisture or rain. Something to do with shade I think. Works fine with rain.

OP
OP
B

bcos

Reaction score
Lol, of course I wanted to hear your thoughts! Mine don’t work at all. Who knows when the dealer will call and say parts are here….next year maybe?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the wipers don't wrk at all or just the auto function doesn't work?