Worst nightmare....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would take picture and document everything.... Take them to court. When it comes to me vehicles I never settle for anything but the best!

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
stand ground. take pics. document everything. And as said before i would take it someplace else and get your money back. but as freeway said be careful about what you say. unless you have prove as in pictures.

OP
OP
V

valleymama

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your reassurance and support that I'm not crazy. Unfortunately, after my husband talked to them again this morning, they said they will NOT replace the headliner, much to our chagrin. We did take pictures of everything this time so if they mess up again, we have total documentation. They are going to reupholster it again with the right fabric, but I still don't feel good about it AT ALL, as I shouldn't. I'm scared to death. I don't want them touching it. At this point, I would LOVE to hire an attorney and go to court, but I have 4 kids and I am just plain exhausted about the whole thing and don't feel like going to battle in court all the way up there. I'm probably stupid, and that is what they are banking on. They are taking advantage of me. I even talked to the service manager at Ford where I bought my Expy and he called the shop(I didn't ask him to, he was just disgusted because it's a disgusting situation and he knows me and likes me because I'm so nice) and told them they need to make it right. They just played stupid with him like they didn't know what he was talking about. I wish they would have just been reasonable and done the right thing. It was THEIR major screw up for crying out loud. It wasn't like I was just some picky broad nit picking about everything. THEY SCREWED UP BIG TIME. I have been extremely nice so far and not smeared their name, even though they deserve it for not doing the right thing and repeatedly lying to me. They flat out told me they were going to give me a new factory Ford headliner and didn't do it. Then when they told me that they had the seat ordered, I asked if the headliner was ordered as well and they said yes and it should come the same time as the seat cover. I thought that was strange since the headliner would come from Detroit and probably take over a week to get here vs. a few days. I go ahead and call the Ford Dealer where they ordered the seat cover from and find out they have NOT ordered the headliner. I was shocked and really upset. So I've been lied to numerous times. It was only when my husband talked to the owner that we find out that they aren't going to replace the headliner. At what point were they going to tell me? Never is my guess, unless we had pressed further. To add more insult to injury, they also tried to imply that the seat was probably already like that since they had "a meeting" and nobody fessed up to the burn mark. And they say they trust their guys. But then then they go ahead and say "But, we want to make it right for you." WTF? You're dang right you are going to make it right for me. You burned the hell out of my seat!! Of course no one is going to fess up to that F@*k up. I spent a lot of money on this vehicle and have been babying it like crazy. I always park out in BFE so no one will park next to me, and even though I have 4 kids, I won't let them eat or drink in the truck. It is in pristine condition. Like I said, I have been more than patient with them and calm through the whole thing. I would hope that because we have been so incredibly understanding and patient with them through all this BS, they would have been bending over backwards to make things right and try to protect their BBB rating. If they had just done the right thing in the first place and replaced the headliner, they could have avoided having to fix a burn mark on the seat(they claim it "could be" from a dome light when they dropped the headliner down), and spending money on 2x the fabric to reupholster twice, and rental cars, etc, and kept their integrity. I hope they know deep down how wrong they are taking advantage of us this way. We are really nice people. I don't know how they sleep at night. I feel like a hostage in this situation. I really don't want them touching my Expy again, but my husband dropped it off this afternoon for a 3rd time. I feel literally sick to my stomach. Lesson learned: NEVER, EVER, EVER let an aftermarket shop do ANYTHING on your vehicle. They will never respect it like you do. If it doesn't come factory installed next time, it's absolutely NOT going in my vehicle! I feel like an idiot. Everthing that I feared that could happen to my baby has happened and worse.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
valleymama dont feel like an idiot. unfortunately there are people out there who try and take advantage of peoples lack of knowledge. hopefully people will learn of your situation up there and they will start to lose business. Hopefully the dealer that called them will stop sending them business. I would call and make a complaint to BBB. Write a review on yelp or any other place that will let you write a review.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even with Pre Paid Legal, you can get some traction for a lot less money. The firm in WA is Lambino-Martino in Lakewood. They can advise you of your rights to recoup the money spent, the amount you are entitled to collect in small claims, reimbursement of your legal expenses and money lost for time off work for court etc.

Between them and the ATG you can get some representation.

WENCY V. OFFRIL
Program Coordinator
Consumer Protection Division
(206) 464-6686

Rob McKenna
ATTORNEY GENERAL OF WASHINGTON
Consumer Protection Division
800 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2000 Seattle, WA 98104 (206) 464-6686

http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?altMenu=smal&fa=newsinfo_jury.scc

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you are not the idot, they are!!! us nice people seem to be taken advantaged of and its a shame. Take capton morgans advice and try to get something out of them. again good luck.

OP
OP
V

valleymama

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips and information. It may just come in handy! I'm just saying prayers that when I go pick it up the 3rd time it will be in decent shape or I'm likely to stroke out! So far, every time I have picked it up, it has come back worse somehow. I'm trying not to let my imagination run wild about what else they can mess up on. :( I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for your kindness!

bojaz01

Reaction score
slander is only slander if what is said is false......slam their a$$ on FB......