Would you buy this '18 Limited Max?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Enterprise car rental has several 2018's priced at $51,000 with 63,000 miles for a reference. They include a warranty. Before the government's inflation run-up, about a year ago, their 2018s were priced around $34,000.

bobvance2005

Reaction score
Enterprise car rental has several 2018's priced at $51,000 with 63,000 miles for a reference. They include a warranty. Before the government's inflation run-up, about a year ago, their 2018s were priced around $34,000.
This is why I bought a new 2021. Get what I want (had to search dealers hundreds of miles away from me though), and pay high $60ks, for a new car with 0 miles. Or low $50ks for one with most of the hassle-free miles already on it several years old... The market is nuts right now. And probably not changing much anytime soon.

OP
OP
cobalt_boater

cobalt_boater

Reaction score
This is why I bought a new 2021. Get what I want (had to search dealers hundreds of miles away from me though), and pay high $60ks, for a new car with 0 miles. Or low $50ks for one with most of the hassle-free miles already on it several years old... The market is nuts right now. And probably not changing much anytime soon.
I agree that the situation is definitely less than ideal. We have baby #3 coming any day so I need to get this vehicle fairly soon. But I am thinking it makes more sense to stretch my budget a bit for a '20 or '21 with low miles and warranty intact.

I found this '20 Max Limited with 32k miles and all the same features as that '18. It's listed for $58k, so if I could get them down a couple grand I think that would be smarter than dropping $50k on an '18 with double the miles.

Expedition 4.jpg

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The '20 would still be covered by the Ford Bumper to Bumper until 36K miles which would also give you a chance to get any little stuff taken care of under warranty before you decide if you want to extend the warranty with Ford. Seems like a better scenario especially since the engine hasn't been torn down like the '18.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The '20 would still be covered by the Ford Bumper to Bumper until 36K miles which would also give you a chance to get any little stuff taken care of under warranty before you decide if you want to extend the warranty with Ford. Seems like a better scenario especially since the engine hasn't been torn down like the '18.
Boom! What Scott said. This is now a Win/Win. Pull the trigger Cobalt, your new Expedition is waiting for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky