Wow Depressed..this is a ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I Asked in the General forum about where the sparkplugs are on a Ford Expedition... maybe that was the wrong forum.. but the 3 answers I got were not sure where specifically they were. I have worked on cars for 20+ years and never had this problem... but this one has me stumped.

If any of you performance geniuses can help me I would consideer it devine intervention.
Thanks,
ByDBay

OP
OP
G

They are under the coil packs and I think you have to remove fuel line for the injectors to get the coil packs off to get to them. Also the heater hose has to be removed.
Try asking you question on the forum at flatratetech.com

OP
OP
G

Expedits Spark Plugs..

Guest... thanks for the tip. wow.. what a mess I love my expedition, but what Ford idiot placed the plugs in that position deserves to be draged around by an expedition. My recommendation do not get one if you like working on your vehicle.

I hope Ford is listening and heard that....
BYDBay:nono:

OP
OP
G

Just becareful you only get 3 threads on the sparkplug on the 5.4 so don't over tighten. I love my Expy but changing the plugs the first time was a pain in the a__.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its dealer time when it comes to spark plugs.

OP
OP
G

Just wanted to let you know you don't have to remove anything to take the plugs out except for the coil packs. I unplugged the fuel injectors just to make it east but found out later you can turn them to get them out of the way. The only one that is really hard is number 7 and it can be made easier by using a swivel socket not a swivel and socket but a swivel socket 8mm if i remember right. But it is not worth the 250 bucks to get it done.