X-Plan vs Negotiate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it depends on the vehicle. For the Expedition all the dealers are asking MSRP, but several dealers are advertising new F-150s at steep discounts all ready.

steve3591

Reaction score
Are x plans still available for stock holders. I have heard that ford ended them this year.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read that's already dead
Yes, mid year last year. If you didn’t request a number by mid summer you couldn’t get a number and the plan for shareholders was done.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got mine through the company I work for. You're saying just shareholders don't get it anymore?
Yeah, Ford stockholders could always get X-Plans. I think it was a minimum of 100 shares held for at least 6 months. They rescinded that benefit mid-late last year. Nice huh?

Those that held at least 100 shares of Ford stock for six months were eligible to receive a Ford X-Plan PIN. However, as of June 1st, 2022, that will no longer be the case as the Ford shareholder vehicle discount program is now set to end.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for educational purposes here, I did end up using the x-plan pin. You can stack discounts on top of your X-plan as well. I went in February and bought an F-150, also stacked on Fords recent college grad discount (another $800 off) on top of my X-plan pin. You have to send Ford an e-copy of your diploma (must be within 2 years of graduating date). All in all got like $3,000 off sticker on my F-150.

There are a few other rebates available one is a farming discount. You can also stack regular incentives and cash offers too. Go online, print out all your discounts and walk right in - know your final OTD and payment before you even sit down. Mine was no negotiation, I walked in and told the salesman the price I was paying and gave him the VIN of the truck I picked out the night before on their website. Went for a test drive, got on the 5.0L V8 once merging to listen to her sing and it was a deal. Easy peasy :)

Last edited: