A/Z/X Plan Price Protected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedish4

Reaction score
I ordered on 2/3 and prices have gone up since. I asked my dealer if A plan was price protected and they said no, they mentioned only MSRP was price protected. Does this sound right? Anyone else in the same boat?

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't A-plan pricing set by Ford (and not the dealer)? If so, you'd have to check with someone from Ford corporate or benefits.

brettmag

Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure about that. I'm waiting on an x-plan order so I'll be pissed if my price goes up $2k when it arrives. I ordered pre-price increase.

Also, does anyone know if a Ford deal can say no to offering x-plan pricing for an in stock vehicle? I thought dealers had to comply with the program.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if a Ford deal can say no to offering x-plan pricing for an in stock vehicle?
Dealers participate in the A/X/Z plan program at their leisure, they do not have to take the plan PIN from anyone and can refuse to do so. In my case, on a special order, I had to go to a secondary dealership than the one I wanted to use as the person I initially spoke with said they would not be participating due to the shortage of inventory. Second dealership was open to it, I drove the extra 3 miles in the opposite direction than the 1st dealer and placed my order that afternoon without an issue. Spoke with a general manager at the 1st dealership last week, and he was surprised as hell I was told what I was. Any special customer order does not affect their inventory allotment, and they are still making 8% over cost on the sale, as Ford kicks back money to the dealership to make that profit margin.

Bill

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'll pay the price on the contract you signed with the dealer. Price increases don't affect that. You signed a purchase agreement, right?