XM/Apple Car Play - question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CecilTheMagician

Reaction score
How can I listen to XM when my phone is plugged into the USB-C port and Car Play is up? I like to use Waze on Car Play but it always tries to default to my Spotify on my phone. Is there a way to ‘minimize’ car play to control the radio while it’s plugged in?

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can click on the Ford Sync icon on the console screen when in Car Play. That will take you back to all of the Sync audio and climate settings. You can then choose XM as your audio source.

OP
OP
CecilTheMagician

CecilTheMagician

Reaction score
You can click on the Ford Sync icon on the console screen when in Car Play. That will take you back to all of the Sync audio and climate settings. You can then choose XM as your audio source.
Thanks man. It’s been bothering the hell out of me.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford Audio system screen button typically works brining up your choices AM FM or XM etc. The only time I had issues was when my iphone plug socket had pocket lint packed in it causing plug connectivity issues. Plastic tooth pick and carefully picking the lint loose from the bottom of the phone socket “don’t damage the copper contacts” cured all my Ford vs Iphone issues

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also - if at some point you linked waze to Spotify you should break that link in the iPhone app. That feature was more useful in vehicles without CarPlay.