Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Test fuse 102 on both test points and follow the wire on the diagram

HAS
power.

Test the pin 4 light green/violet wire at the ignition switch

HAS power

Check pin 11 red/ light blue wire back at the central junction box with the ign switch in start

NO power detected

Check pin 3 tan/red wire also at the central junction box trans in park or neutral

NO power detected - rattling and/or moving gear shift - no change

Pull starter relay - check 86 when key is in start, trans in park/neutral

NO power

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you don't have power getting out of the ignition switch if I'm reading the diagram right. They're cheap.

OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you don't have power getting out of the ignition switch if I'm reading the diagram right. They're cheap.

It seems that way, I'll probably get/order one tomorrow. Just seems there is so much else that is not getting and/or putting out power!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No power on pin 11 tells you there is one problem between the fuse 102 and the central junction box at pin 11. The ignition switch is between those two points. But you haven't proven it has failed yet.
At the plug for the ignition switch, jump pin 4 to pin 7 - this is the same as turning the ign switch to start. If the starter works the ignition switch is bad, if not then you keep checking.
Should it not work, leave the jumper on pins 4 & 7 and check pin 11 again for voltage.

"This is what I found. The wire to pin 4 is hot as it should be. When I jump 4 to 6, nothing happens, when I jump 4 to 7 nothing happens."
If this is correct then you have a problem between pin 7 at the ign switch and pin 11 at the cjb.

Last edited:
OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No power on pin 11 tells you there is one problem between the fuse 102 and the central junction box at pin 11. The ignition switch is between those two points.
At the plug for the ignition switch, jump pin 4 to pin 7 - this is the same as turning the ign switch to start. If the starter works the ignition switch is bad, if not the you keep checking.
Should it not work, leave the jumper on and check pin 11 again for voltage.

"This is what I found. The wire to pin 4 is hot as it should be. When I jump 4 to 6, nothing happens, when I jump 4 to 7 nothing happens."
If this is correct then you have a problem between pin 7 at the ign switch and pin 11 at the cjb.

Jumping pin 4 to 7 did nothing! Also, I jumped pin 4 to 1 to see if something would happen, as I noted before that when I touched it with the test light, I could hear a buzzing in the ignition. When I did this something in the floor shifter started to smoke, if that tell you/us anything, other than don't do do it again!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Smoke is bad! Very important to only jump the pins indicated or you may end up spending big bucks.

Pin 1 of which connector did you connect 4 to?

Last edited:
OP
OP
03NavigatorGuy

03NavigatorGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are speaking of the ignition switch. I was looking at this one, it's supposed to be for 03-04 Navigators.

102971199.gif

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you connect pin 1 to pin 4 of the ignition switch plug, both are positive voltage. That will not do anything to cause you to let the smoke out.

Still need to jump 4 & 7 then check pin 11 and 1 at the cjb. Both should have power.

Also double check the wire color for each pin, anytime they don't agree that may indicate the wrong diagrams or the wrong connector.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris420