08 Expy EL XLT - some questions/help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbouncer

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the Expy world and new member here...

Just picked up a new to me 08 Expy XLT and looking to do some mods:

1. add the homelink to it, is it just a matter of finding a set of visors with this already on it and plugging in or is there something else to it.

2. Is it possible to add lights/led? to mirrors and have them tied into the turn sigs

3. Steering wheel controls for radio (current SW did not come with just Cruise)

4. Has anybody added some USB ports up front or rear for charging devices

TIA

V

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...u should be able to install EB mirrors with the amber turn signals in them

OP
OP
V

Vbouncer

Reaction score
Well I scored a set of 07/08 power fold mirrors with the turn signals in them and went to install....the wiring harness in the 08 Expy XLT that I have does not have the pins in the connector to support power fold or the turn signals, however the mirrors work? Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks

OP
OP
V

Vbouncer

Reaction score
Has anybody swapped out the manual HVAC controls (knobs) on the dash for the electronic ones?

Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I scored a set of 07/08 power fold mirrors with the turn signals in them and went to install....the wiring harness in the 08 Expy XLT that I have does not have the pins in the connector to support power fold or the turn signals, however the mirrors work? Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks
U will have to run wire for this to work...time consuming...a couple have done it...
Has anybody swapped out the manual HVAC controls (knobs) on the dash for the electronic ones?

Thanks
No but can only imagine that rewiring may be involved and time consuming as well...

OP
OP
V

Vbouncer

Reaction score
Gonna try and add the homelink visors this weekend, and also wire up the signal mirrors. As for the usb outlets I ended up using dual usb cig light adapters and that works perfectly, I not have 3 usb outlets up front and 2 in the rear and if really needed I can ad up to 6 more. Gonna give up the hvac converdion, did some more research and looks like its involved with a lot of parts that my XLT does not have.

V

wadesdad

Reaction score
Put Homelink in my Escape. Put it in my dash near my right knee since a retro for the visors was too complex. Even though it's buried low in the car near a sheet stell plate, the range is good. It works well.