10 speed missed shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dakota4ce

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like it might just be a symptom of the way they act. Which is fine, as long as it’s not a sign of a problem. Otherwise I think the 10 speed is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It probably delays the shifts slightly during warmup so the engine will warm up more quickly.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I took this video the other day. Notice there is about a 1 second pause between 3 and 5th. The speedometer is at 24 mph. The phone goes forward because it no longer accelerates during this time.

jmiller

Reaction score
I had an issue with my 18 expedition not shifting correctly into all the gears with 8000 miles on it. Once it would get to 9th and going into 10 it would slam into gear. Sometimes it would bounce from 8 to 6 then up to 10. Eventually it got worse and would slam into 2nd gear and up. I could be driving in a parking lot and pulling into parking space and it would clunk into gear. I called local dealership and they basically gave me the 'yea I'm sure its nothing routine'..finally after calling enough times they sent me out to drive with their head transmission guy. Took 2 mins of driving with him for him to say ok take me back to the dealership something is very wrong. Took them 3 weeks to finally replace the transmission all while putting me in a ford escape loaner(nothing like going from one of the biggest vehicles ford sells to one of the smallest ). Needless to say I wasn't happy. Even after having that "fixed" I'm starting to have issues again in the mid range of gears. This is my first and will be my last Ford.

Below is a link that captures the transmission bouncing around gears an you can kind of hear it slam into 5th at the end of the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Pr4gZ8eiGQNV4Sh6

Reaction score
My 2019 skips gears routinely on a light foot, presumably an MPG thing. Cold or warm, same thing. On heavy acceleration or sport mode, it doesn't.