1181 engine hrs, 161 hrs idle, 63500 km , 5 recorded oil changes (+1). what does that tell you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Woodwolf

Reaction score
2018-2020 EcoBoosts are flawed by design. Several have had incorrect castings/ casting debris in oil galleys causing oil flow issues to the heads and the phasers have a defective plastic locking pin that breaks due to oil starvation at startup when it’s being pounded on until oil pressure comes up. This also doesn’t account for the low oil pressure issues at hot idle with the “variable” oil pump, just gasoline on a fire. Saying change the oil more to avoid these issues is like saying a 5.4 3V will be ok if you change the oil. It won’t. It’s still dealing with oil supply and weak parts issues. It’s still going to break. Keep a phaser fund, even if you change the oil every 10 miles.
interesting

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are also direct injection engines, that is inherently harsh on the oil, and the crankcase ventilation and EGR dumps a lot of carp into the intakes.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm here for the same thing, but using statistical facts of many skilled technicians, not one driver. I gave the OP facts to go off of, not just my opinion that he will be ok because you are. He can take those facts and your personal opinion, to make his own decision. This is what Forums are all about. Your statement shows everyone your opinion is the only thing that matters, and all mechanics and their statistics are wrong.

I did not insult you, and I surely did not try to change your life experience or claim yours was wrong. I started with "Agree to disagree" and posted based on Certified Mechanic's facts, where your post is one person's experience, which is also a fact based on that experience.

People, on forums, agree and disagree all the time. In the end we participants reap the benefits of suggestions and experiences. Most don't act immature and insult someone for disagreeing.
No, you didn’t. You said my actual experience is “Inaccurate” and that shows you want the last word above all else. You are the opposite of what you are posting. Leave it at that, instead of saying my experience isnt what I said it was. That makes you wrong, every time. I never said your experience doesn’t count. For some reason you can’t post yours without attacking someone else, just because you disagree.

You clearly think only your opinion and experience is valid. I posted mine without quoting anybody to attack like you did.

I suppose you’d have him go trade a good running truck over this. Thats fine if you think it, but the 7600 mile oil changes haven’t hurt it so far, so I think it’ll be ok based on what I’ve done in life. You can keep on “giving me my opinion” or telling me “what your life was” if you want, you won’t be able to persuade me though.

Last edited:

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow that discussion goes into some strong opinions. I am with the people erring on the safe side.
Can you guys look at and report on your ratio of engine hours to idle hours to see a comparison to mine?
161 Idle hours /over 1181 Total hours= 13.6% idle time on mine wen I got it

920 hours and 285 idling.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So now you can see the future? Your life experience is worth telling but it doesn't set precedence for everyone else.
Calm down and be respectful like everyone else is being.

How do you know? The only thing you have gone off of is life experience for you. It is different for everyone (just incase you didn't know)

Yes your life experience is exactly what everyone should do........ignorant statement.

In case you missed it Dice, read this before posting again.
I posted what I posted. Post your stuff and move along. Telling me my life is “inaccurate” is as disrespectful as anything that could be posted.

i never said I could “see the future.” Anywhere. That’s a strawman argument. Please be respectful and just say your piece without that nonsense. You apparently think those predicting failure can see the future and because you agree with that crystal ball work are here to attack me, which is disrespectful.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You apparently think those predicting failure can see the future and because you agree with that crystal ball work are here to attack me, which is disrespectful.
The only one who is disrespectful is you. You would not have even seen me if you were not posting insults, calling people names and telling them your life experiences are all that matter. The fact that you can not see what is wrong with that speaks louder than anything I could write.
i never said I could “see the future.” Anywhere.
You’re wrong now, you will continue to be. My life experience is what it is

Telling someone they will continue to be wrong is an ignorant attempt to tell the future about someone you have never even met.
Ignorant statement.

Telling me my life is “inaccurate” is as disrespectful as anything that could be posted.
If that is what you got out of that maybe a comprehension class could help. While you are there, a manners class would help also. This is coming from my life experience with you. Not everyone here needs that, just you. See how that works? That first lesson was free.

You apparently think
Now you are telling me what I think?

Your Ignorance is showing.

OP
OP
W

Woodwolf

Reaction score
1100 hours
385 idle
32,000km on a 2020
35% idle
mine, wth approx. 13% seems to be an outlier. I am still trying to figure out if there is a correlation between Idle hours and equipment failures, need for oil changes etc.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I cannot speak for Ford, but I’m in the trucking business and deal with large amounts of equipment. We have roughly 20,000 tractors with three OEM’s. And those warranty programs are predicated on idle percentages and fuel mileages in addition to total miles. All that to say at least in that world, idle is considered in wear on an engine and we adjust our oil change intervals accordingly. 35% idle seems high but I don’t know how Ford calculates that or even how to check it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire