2000 exped. with a boat load of issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate47

Reaction score
Just bought a 2000 expedition for a bargain. How ever its got tons of electrical issues. low beams aren't working (fuses are intact), nor the door locks, window is cutting in and out. The over head trip computer and compass are out. Blinkers are non existent but hazards work fine? This one has me stumped because the fuses are intact (i believe). could it be the flasher relay? Can not adjust the steering wheal, abs light is on. running board lights are and probably several other things that aren't working that I haven't noticed yet. Got my self in over my head on this one.

I did find 3 fuses blown, the cigarette lighter, and both right and left trailer stop and turn lamps. After pulling those fuses and checking some other ones the rig wont start now. Its turning over but wont fire up. I had pulled the fuel pump fuse when checking everything and replaced it right back. Dont know if I tripped something to cause it to not start?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There was a movie once called the Big Country But at least you could tell it was in the west. Do you think rather than listing America as your location as most of the expedition on this forum are in America This way we can get an idea if you may have problems due to being in the Salt belt area of America or the sun belt.

Also being you are having electrical issues it is nice to know which fuses you pulled by number or location That information can be found in your owners manual. Again having that information will save someone from guessing which fuses you pulled. And by knowing which fuse you pulled we can look up the diagrams for those circuits.

If you checked the fuses I hope you didn't just look at them and say they look good.
I hope you used a meter or a test light to test the fuses.

If you feel you may be over your head Then I will ask you How good are your troubleshooting skills, can you read and understand electrical diagrams. What kind of test equipment do you have.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also would be helpful to know which model and engine you have 4x4 or 4x2. The more detailed information you can provide will help us on the forum help you.

OP
OP
N

nate47

Reaction score
Ok ok im sorry! lol Im in WA. Fuses 19(10A),20(10A), and 8(30A) in the power distribution box were clearly blown. fuse 3(20A)was clearly blown on the inside fuse panel. I have no tools until tomorrow so today I was just trying to get a jest of the situation. I have downloaded the owners manual already. As for my trouble shooting skills, poor when it comes to rigs with computers. All the rigs Im familiar with are pre 90s as I probably wouldn't have bought this rig if I realized the extent of the damage. Should have more info on what fuses are working tomorrow. Thank you for the speedy reply I figured might take up to a few days..

OP
OP
N

nate47

Reaction score
on a positive note, it will be a good learning experience.. its a 2000 expedition 4x4 triton 5.4

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks

There are two fuse blocks in the expy.

The Battery Junction Box (BJB) under the hood and the
Central Junction Bob (CJB) this is what they are called on the prints and also how I will refer to them

At this time we will not worry about fuse #19 and #20 in the BJB as they are for trailer towing

Last edited: