2000 exped. with a boat load of issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the attached pic You will see a small metal piece to the left and right of the #10 Have your voltmeter on DC volts and take one lead and connect it to a good ground Then take the other lead and touch each of those metal pieces one at a time. Each time you touch them you should see 12 volts if you get 12 volts on each side the fuse is good If you only get it on one side the fuse will be bad Now on some fuses the ign key must be in the on position. Some fuses are hot at all times and some fuses are only hot when in the run or start position. As you go along it will become clear to you.

Take your time and stay warm Best to work when you have some good light

Attachments

• Car_fuses.jpg
    Car_fuses.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nate47

Reaction score
K I checked, checked and then checked some more, I circled the ones that I got nothing on, and I jumped back and forth to the good ones to make sure. My battery low from sitting and trying to start it a few times at 11.0. on F31 it only reads 2.9. Fuses 16,17,18,20,21,26,27,28 I got nothing on both sides. key in the ignition set to on. What do you make of the situation with relay 2 (battery saver) being warm and slightly burnt in the center prong?

Attachments

• DCV1.jpg
    DCV1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry Somehow the pic didn't attach

I'll review the readings and get back to you In the meantime put a charge on the battery You can also take voltage readings while the charger is attached and when in the run position Just don't start the engine

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nate47

Reaction score
I was poking around in the rain and found this leak directly behind the battery on the passenger side, Thats the PCM right?

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX