2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think I'm zeroing in on some wheels though... what do you think? Not black, not chrome, sort of matches the trim but I didn't paint them to match so doesn't count as a mall crawler move :D

88e2d9be-4bbd-41f4-8659-a286fc80c9ce
upload_2017-4-3_23-27-34.png

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Andy... nothing too serious. My 84 year old mom fell and may have broken a small bone in her wrist. Has a splint on her left arm so she needs someone to stay with her at night and help with meals. Luckiky there are three of us kids that can take turns staying with her. She lives close to where I work so its easy for me to drop in during the day.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Andy... nothing too serious. My 84 year old mom fell and may have broken a small bone in her wrist. Has a splint on her left arm so she needs someone to stay with her at night and help with meals. Luckiky there are three of us kids that can take turns staying with her. She lives close to where I work so its easy for me to drop in during the day.
That's good. We lost my mom a year ago February, she was just five weeks shy of her 89th birthday. My dad's still around he's 91. He and mom lived in the house we grew up in until she passed - he took care of her and the house. After my mom passed, dad decided he didn't want to live alone so he moved in with my sister. He's in great shape both physically and mentally.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's good. We lost my mom a year ago February, she was just five weeks shy of her 89th birthday. My dad's still around he's 91. He and mom lived in the house we grew up in until she passed - he took care of her and the house. After my mom passed, dad decided he didn't want to live alone so he moved in with my sister. He's in great shape both physically and mentally.

Sorry about your mom... glad to hear dad's still going strong though! At 91! That's awesome! I hope I'm still in good shape when I get that old (if I get that old).

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Managed to do a little damage this evening after getting home. Getting the front cover and bumper off wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. Some bolts and clips... then carefully did some cutting to give me better view of what and where I was cutting but everything detached rather easily. I need to get the bumper up into position so that I can see where to make the final cuts.

Here I started cutting along the seam between the white and beige parts because it looked like they were just held together. I could have just separated them without cutting because once I cut one side lose, the rest I could just pull apart.

IMG_6586.JPG

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the lower part completely removed and, once it was free, the metal bumper that I unbolted last night just pulled off.

IMG_6588.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No turning back now... a small metal bumper and a lot of foam and plastic. The other stuff on that sheet of plywood is my motorcycle project... that's a whole other story.

IMG_6594.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ready for final trim (once I get the bumper in place)...

IMG_6596.JPG

I'm thinking I'm going to need to follow the line between the inner edge of the light assembly and the white plastic down and around the bottom of the grill. Hoping to leave as much in place as I can to have the bumper hold the lower part of the grill assembly in place because it's free to flop in the wind, only secured at the top.

IMG_6597.JPG