2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just don't look too hard :). Now I just need to get a paint job and one last final bolt up. Plus a few loose ends (literally).

View attachment 20557

View attachment 20558

Hell yeah, it looks so good man, I cant wait to get one for mine built, I'm thinking about buying a move bumper for a 04-08 f150 and making it work that way... but still deciding,

I gotta get my roof rack, and rock sliders done too.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hell yeah, it looks so good man, I cant wait to get one for mine built, I'm thinking about buying a move bumper for a 04-08 f150 and making it work that way... but still deciding,

I gotta get my roof rack, and rock sliders done too.

Thanks, Josh! I was thinking of rock sliders as well. They can do double duty... protect the side of the Expedition while also serving as a step. Although with your body lift, it's got to be a bit of a climb to get in :).

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, Josh! I was thinking of rock sliders as well. They can do double duty... protect the side of the Expedition while also serving as a step. Although with your body lift, it's got to be a bit of a climb to get in :).

Indeed it is a bit oh a running jump to get in hahaha, its not that bad actually. but it would help keep my seat bolster nice for a little while longer and it would help hide the frame for sure.

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Indeed it is a bit oh a running jump to get in hahaha, its not that bad actually. but it would help keep my seat bolster nice for a little while longer and it would help hide the frame for sure.

Josh, did you ever get rid of the wheel vibration you were having?

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was playing with a different painting scheme. I think what I didn't like about the way it is is that the beige doesn't line up with the rest of the trim... not only is it higher but the line is angled upward so it looks off from the side.

Paint Option 1.JPG

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I match the level of the trim, and take it across the front, it ends up looking like this...

Paint Option 2.JPG

I think I'll paint it up to see what it looks like in real life. I sort of like it but not sure if it looks weird with the half and half split across the fog lights.

Paint Option 3.JPG

OP
OP
Vancouver Bob

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suppose another option is to just take the trim color around the wheel well and leave the rest of the bumper white.