2007 EL XLT, rear cooling core/coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a rear cooling core/coil for my 2007 EL XLT. I ordered what what supposed to be the right one from Rock Auto but it does not fit. Ford seems to think I need to buy an entire new rear hvac unit for $700... but ive had the coil out so I know it can be replaced independently. Any help finding the correct coil for it will be GREATLY appreciated. I cant get my AC to work without it, unless someone makes a block off plate for the freon lines for this year/model

Thanks!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the part number and brand you received from rockauto? Also check the same part for a 2006 and 2008 to see if the number changed.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This seems a bit strange. From what I can find, it looks like the Evaporator Core for the EL is different than the Standard Expedition. Rock Auto offers the standard coil (which I'm thinking is what you purchased) here:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...t+&+air+conditioning,a/c+evaporator+core,6768

Looking here, you can see it specs the standard evaporator coil is 5L1Z-19860-CA (this matches the Rock cross reference) for $81.43 at the top of the page. Whereas scrolling to the bottom of the page for the EL, you can see that for whatever reason the individual coil isn't listed, rather the entire assembly with the coil included is 8L1Z-18D283-B for $748.18.

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...-engine/hvac-cat/auxiliary-heater-and-ac-scat

I also checked FordPartsGiant.com and the parts fiche yielded the same thing where the EL evaporator coil isn't listed individually.

Is there a part number on your coil out of your EL?

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for the help so far. That is similar to what I found. It seems very odd that they want me to buy the entire unit vs just buying the evaporator coil. Behr K8494 is the number on the existing evaporator coil in the truck

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm, too bad Ford didn't have their part number inscribed on the coil. Just curious, but what happened to your coil that you need to replace it?

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The existing coil developed corrosion just above the connector and has a pinhole in the tube. I didn't see any other part numbers on it