2007 rocker panels gone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninjafied

Reaction score
Hey I checked the forms here but been unable to find a real answer.
Does anyone know of a supplier for the replacement rocker panels for the 3 gen expedition? Mine is a 2007 limited max

OP
OP
N

ninjafied

Reaction score
hi again were the parts under a different year perhaps? i cant find anything for a 2007 expedition

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they only carry them up to 2006, but they shouldn't be very different and you should be able to make them work. Either that or try a body shop supply place. They might have sources for sheet metal.

OP
OP
N

ninjafied

Reaction score
i found the rockers on the ford website and as an added bonus they come with the entire side of the truck and you can have it all for about $2300 per side what a deal.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's really the right way to do it. Cut out all of the rusted metal and then weld in the new pieces. Anything else is just a stop gap measure and you will be doing it again in a couple of years. This way it adds back all of the strength of the original design, but it is very expensive.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
First ask yourself, How long will I keep truck? How much will you spend? My rockers were bad and only rust on truck. I found a shop, that has done this repair and was familiar with it. They installed patch panels(just lower section). They cut the bad sections out and weld the panel over the old ones. The seams were sealed and hid with a little body work and chip guard. They charged $1400. That was 4 years ago and truck still solid. A complete rocker replacement will cost $2500-2800. It involves a lot of cutting, welding, interior removal and expensive parts.

Underdog66

Reaction score
My rockers are rusted out. I found a PAIR on Amazon for 90 bucks. Yes they are 'slip on' rockers which are a cosmetic fix. That works for mine since mine is cosmetic. I am going to cut out the metal that has rusted completely. I am going to clean as much surface rust with brushes, wire wheels etc. Once that step is complete I am going to apply rust inhibitor/restorer paint to the underside/inside of the inner rocker. I am also going to coat the underside and outside of the slip on rocker. I am going to tack weld the slip on rocker and 'hide' the seam under the trim.

I'll keep you posted if you'd like.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My rockers are rusted out. I found a PAIR on Amazon for 90 bucks. Yes they are 'slip on' rockers which are a cosmetic fix. That works for mine since mine is cosmetic. I am going to cut out the metal that has rusted completely. I am going to clean as much surface rust with brushes, wire wheels etc. Once that step is complete I am going to apply rust inhibitor/restorer paint to the underside/inside of the inner rocker. I am also going to coat the underside and outside of the slip on rocker. I am going to tack weld the slip on rocker and 'hide' the seam under the trim.

I'll keep you posted if you'd like.

Hi, Underdog66 if you don't mind keep me posted on your progress on the rockers. I have an 03 Eddie Bauer with 115000 miles and the rocker problem. Thanks

Rigpig

Reaction score
Rockers aren't "cosmetic". Hiding the rust isn't the way to fix it.