2008 Best performance add on's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrj7007

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2008 Funk Master Flex Expedition, very excited. It's stock and I would like to install bolt on performance mod's. What would be the best to install to improve things, any help is appreciated.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Intake, exhuast (long tube headers on back), and a good tune (HP Tuners for a DIYer or SCT for dyno tunes, MPT, AED are two good tuners to go with if you go the SCT route. I'd skip tuners like the edge, hypertech etc they are very mild with little tuning ability.

Throttle body spacers, shorty headers, etc are just a waste of time and money.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an airaid intake kit that woke up my truck quite a bit as well as improved mpgs a hair. Now I am thinking this was because the intake allowed easier hypermiling as I doubt it would yield much alone.

I have Gibson ceramic coated shorty headers that are going on this Monday that I'm hopeful will help with scavenging and exhaust velocity. Will report back after they are installed. Also in the mail is a Gibson catback that I'll hopefully report on too.

Honestly the truck was fine stock, but response could have been better and so far the intake made that noticeably better alone as well as my ability to hypermile so to say the 5.4 reacts well to mods is a solid statement. Can't make any HP or torque claims or speak on tuners, although I want one bad, but the truck feels stronger on the butt dyno.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only thing I've done so far performance wise is the Magnaflow cat back exhaust. Picked up a few hp. I would definitely recommend a tune though. IMHO custom tunes are the best bang for the buck. You will see some HP but also improvements in driveabilty and throttle response.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't it come with upgrades for the engine already?

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
doesn't it come with upgrades for the engine already?

No the FMF package was only aesthetics if you want to call it that, the urban contemporary package as I call it. Baller rimz, kustom paint, roof rack delete, body kit, FMF headrests, and some other items. It was supposed to be a new partnership between FMF and ford but it sunk like the titanic.

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Having now done Gibson ceramic SS headers, airaid intake and Gibson cat back I can say they are well worth it. So far the butt dyno is happy and it seems hypermiling is easy as heck to do now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX