2016+ Hood and Tailgate Corrosion / Bubbling Paint Warranty Claim Approved!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ynpmoose

ynpmoose

Reaction score
OK, mine is finally fixed. Apparently there was a mix up in the parts dept. The parts had arrived, but nobody told the body shop...for months. You can even see on the order, where I started this back in August. But, I now have a new hood, new tailgate, and new badges, all for no charge. They even gave me a loaner for the week. Speaking with the shop manager, she said that this is not covered under the "new vehicle warranty". It has to be submitted under a special 5 year/unlimited mileage "hood corrosion" warranty for 2016+ MY that Ford has added to address this specific issue. She also said Ford changed something in the prep processes so this won't happen again, which is why they have to replace instead of repaint. My paint job looks great, nothing like what PC Rob's looked like.

IMG_20200113_0001_Page_1.png IMG_20200113_0001_Page_2.png

Greg Coleman

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have seen no corrosion issues on my '16. I bought it used less than a year ago and went over the hood and liftgate pretty carefully at time of purchase knowing that there have been problems. No idea there was a separate paint warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1