2018 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
apparently the bronco will have dbl solid axles. i attached the latest (kind of old) spy pic of tge 18 expy. should ford think about reintroducing an expy with an off road pkg? i figured they stopped because the nbx models didnt sell well enough.

15535394_1874364549462738_7466921259662573568_n.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the one I want. Notice the PowerStroke badge & eight lug wheels. Just set it on top of a good air suspension so it won't ride like an iron wheeled wagon. View attachment 17953

Sure - - - I GIMPed it. And we'll prolly never see one any more real than this pic, , , but I still want one.

Looks like a Nissan

Took a nissan thru 48 states felt many neardeath experiences now have a phobia of all things nissan....ughh

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
apparently the bronco will have dbl solid axles. i attached the latest (kind of old) spy pic of tge 18 expy. should ford think about reintroducing an expy with an off road pkg? i figured they stopped because the nbx models didnt sell well enough.

View attachment 18795

Isnt that just an Escalade with masking tape and BMW rims???

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no..the mirrors are different than the gm mirrors. also, the rear suspension is clearly an irs setup. the headlights are also dofferent as well. all trucks are now moving to the dame general shape started by mercedes and audi.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally would love to see the Expedition share the front end with the F150, but that will never happen. So I would settle for an off road package being offered, with actual useful components, not just fancy badges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
honestly preferred the expedition front fascias over the f150 front fascias since the divergence in gen 2. wat the f150 always done better though was interior design and space utilization. hopefully the new one has a softer more flowy interior than the current gen expy and f150 but uses the same space utilization. if anything, thats why gm sells more suvs, the interior always matches the exterior design and feel more car like and pretty despite the terrible space utilization...btw the expy maybe unveiled live tomorrow at 11am eastern

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this was posted yesterday in another forum

img_6562_9e60ea43a6fe0bfc1f6ce10a6c95f2d061d68987.png

img_6561_27b66814c7ecdba35e45fde1856efd367d4b2cb7.png

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the videos. Obviously, owning a '17 I admit to certain bit of bias. Trying my best to be objective, I like that they attempted to hide the square yards of plastic covering the dashboard but I'm not sure how effective the "layer" of upholstered leather is over the plastic/vinyl. Some of the gauges look smaller so they would fit virtual gauges above the center display where the speedometer is.

The layered look over the doors interior is also a bit of a question but it may look better in person than on a video that seems to be trying to hide that.

In spite of those niggles, the new gauges look smart & slick if smaller. They appear to have moved backwards to the center stack of my '03 with the grills for the AC & heat in combination with newer materials and components. I can only imagine how difficult it is to come up with a new layout that looks fresh even after 19 years of refreshing.

My main hope would be that they have finally revised the electrical wiring to eliminate all the apparent shorts and cross-connections of those with a few years on them. The test of time is the only test I'm aware of that the Expy's had some trouble with electrically.

As far as the exterior....not a fan at all of the front end/grill but I like the minor sculpted look of the doors. I did not finish watching either video so I don't know if the revised overall vehicle specs are available to review and compare.

After going to the Ford site, this truck has a LOT more available tech then the '17's did! 360 degree camera's, park assist, multi-mode driving programs, moon roof-double sized, 30Ft Lb more torque, lane assist etc. None of which were available on this years model. The looks kind of grow on me but I still don't like the grill or "crunched" rear-side windows...LOL

We'll see how they did....by the sales I guess.

It certainly isn't fugly or a dog but high 50's to mid 60's is getting in rarified air and it will need more than a pretty face to compete. I love my truck but I may have been driving a new Tahoe had the Chevy dealer been more flexible....I honestly don't know but Ford definitely had a price advantage. I'm guessing they haven't released pricing this early?

jeff

Last edited:

MichaelSE

Reaction score
The interior looks great, but I'm really not a fan at all of the styling. It looks far too similar to the Explorer, and I don't like how the wheelwell touches the rear door on the EL.

But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me. I think it could use a different grille.

It certainly isn't fugly or a dog but high 50's to mid 60's is getting in rarified air and it will need more than a pretty face to compete. I love my truck but I may have been driving a new Tahoe had the Chevy dealer been more flexible....I honestly don't know but Ford definitely had a price advantage. I'm guessing they haven't released pricing this early?

I think I read somewhere that an XLT would start somewhere around $48. I hear you on the Chevys. I drive an 09 Suburban now, love it but looking to upgrade in the next 2 years or so. Test drove a 16 Suburban last month and it's a really nice riding truck loaded with tech. But I think if Ford offers the mini Powerstroke in the new Expedition, the one that the F150 is getting, that's what it'll take for me to switch over to the Ford side.

Last edited: