2018 Expo VS 2021 Tahoe test drive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
proxy-image
Even supercharged vehicles suffer the loss...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even supercharged vehicles suffer the loss...

Yep. 100% agree. All engines lose power at altitude.

Under light load a NA will see loss of power at altitude at any RPM across the board all the time.

A forced induction loses less.

The EcoBoost which determines Boost by requested Torque will make up for it under most load situations and make the same power at the same RPM as at lower altitudes. Only under high load will it lose power, and only at peaks. Under stock trim where there is A LOT of head room, it will lose very little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
65a3ac3553f5584a54f892311bc9ed77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the actual F is this ugly beast?????

That looks worse than the retro F-150s that TC Customs put together.

Not a fan at all. Gimme an original... maybe. But not these wanna be’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul M

Reaction score
We took my then new 2011 4x4 supercrew first gen 3.5 ecoboost on a road trip from Oklahoma to Phoenix to watch the Fiesta Bowl and then took a super random road trip home, Grand Canyon- Four Corners (lame) - then up through Colorado to see family. I had the cruise set and was blowing by traffic in the mountains in Colorado. The truck drove the same in the mountains as it did when at home! It was an eye opener, the previous F150 with a 5.4L was slugging and lumbering going uphill on a ski trip a few years previous.

Until then I was still questioning if a V6 was the right choice for a big, heavy truck. Eye opener!

The new 2020 Platinum Max makes the old truck feel slow.

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
In comparing Redline's reviews of an Expedition and the new Tahoe, while improved the rear seat seems to still be lower than the Expedition's leaving the seating position looking to be less comfortable. His knees are noticeably more raised in the Tahoe.

IMG_3260.PNG IMG_3261.PNG

Molardog

Reaction score
Test drove 2020 Expy and 2021 Tahoe at back to back last weekend. The Chevy rode and handled nicely but the interior layout and materials still doesnt match the expy for feel and workmanship imo. Was also disappointed to find out that GM still cannot figure out how to build an A/C system....lots of blower fan noise, very little cold air. The 5.3 small block is a dog compared to the 3.5 EB. Absolutely no comparison. (The 6.2 performs well no doubt but not really a fan of the muscle car sound in a people hauler.). Oh and that big ipad tablet sticking out of the dash just seems like a cheesy afterthought. The software is fine but the look of it is just stupid. The whole damned car just felt “tacky” compared to the “classy” feel of the expy.

We came home with the Expedition needless to say.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Test drove 2020 Expy and 2021 Tahoe at back to back last weekend. The Chevy rode and handled nicely but the interior layout and materials still doesnt match the expy for feel and workmanship imo. Was also disappointed to find out that GM still cannot figure out how to build an A/C system....lots of blower fan noise, very little cold air. The 5.3 small block is a dog compared to the 3.5 EB. Absolutely no comparison. (The 6.2 performs well no doubt but not really a fan of the muscle car sound in a people hauler.). Oh and that big ipad tablet sticking out of the dash just seems like a cheesy afterthought. The software is fine but the look of it is just stupid. The whole damned car just felt “tacky” compared to the “classy” feel of the expy.

We came home with the Expedition needless to say.

Pretty much what I found from a Tahoe test drive as well.......