Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah. People compare car prices from the previous decade but forget about the economic tumble in 2008. Inflation was around 5% in 2007-08, which was ridiculous. Compared to the late 90s, early 00s, where inflation was below 3%, some years below 1%, that makes this past decade seem extremely fast.

It's weird how we're the "back in my day" kind of people now, hahahaha.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my bet is 19 or 20 we see KR come back. they just did a new seat package for the F150 KR, so it not going to be gone long.
To many of us TEXANS want our KR.
but heck i cant like my 2016 enough, it its perfect for us

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. People compare car prices from the previous decade but forget about the economic tumble in 2008. Inflation was around 5% in 2007-08, which was ridiculous. Compared to the late 90s, early 00s, where inflation was below 3%, some years below 1%, that makes this past decade seem extremely fast.

In 1972 my dad bough a new Olds Cutlass Supreme the sticker was $4200, in 1977 he bought a new Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham and the sticker was $5600.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Keep in mind that the Fed Interest rate has been at or BELOW 3% since 2007-8.......and BELOW 1% since late 2009....almost 10 years! Inflation has been nearly non-existent save for the tech and oil fields....so prices SHOULD have remained constant so the manufacturers used "added tech" to enhance their profitability.

Today is a different story, regardless of how you vote the economy now is humming along at over 3% per quarter GDP growth(3 in a row) and is very widely expected, even by those NT'ers to continue to grow and possibly break 4% by the 3rd qtr of '18. that known, if you are going to buy, buy now....by June dealers will be adding things like ADP.....

jeff

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet, somehow, they just can't build these things fast enough...

They sell about 1/3 the Expeditions today that they did in 2005-2007...... nice try though. Sales for 2018 are down 24% so far from last year this time. in 2005 Ford sold 115,000 units, in 2017 they sold 50,000 units....

Last edited:

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They sell about 1/3 the Expeditions today that they did in 2005-2007...... nice try though. Sales for 2018 are down 24% so far from last year this time. in 2005 Ford sold 115,000 units, in 2017 they sold 50,000 units....
Have you tried to find one sitting on a lot? My dealer just informed me that my order is delayed several weeks because Ford can't get enough 3.73 rear axles. And that's a $1400-1500 option on a vehicle that's supposedly priced way too high. My inner economist is telling me to ignore calls of "way overpriced" until they start piling up on dealer lots and/or when Ford starts adding big incentives and subsidized financing.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to find one sitting on a lot? My dealer just informed me that my order is delayed several weeks because Ford can't get enough 3.73 rear axles. And that's a $1400-1500 option on a vehicle that's supposedly priced way too high. My inner economist is telling me to ignore calls of "way overpriced" until they start piling up on dealer lots and/or when Ford starts adding big incentives and subsidized financing.

You do realize they have throttled production of Expedition recently right? They are making less and less and ness and less parts are available. Of course the dealer is going to tell you it’s just because they are so great and they sell so many and not that it’s an internal supply problem. My inner economist tells me Not many have $70-80,000 to drop on a truck so naturally sales aren’t rising very high when you price most of your previous buyers out of the segment.

Last edited: