Accessories for 2017 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Any way to just make the fog lights work as DRLs? They're LED and should have long bulb life. Yeah, I can run all the lights all the time but don't see the need.

A link or other post information appreciated. I've received notes that this of "often discused" and "use the search function," but can't find any information. :)

-- Chuck

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the items I do wish my 2017 Expedition Limited had was the front camera playing into the NAV like on the Explorer. Does anybody know of an aftermarket unit that will bolt up or the parts & procedure for using the Explorer camera in the Sync 3?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any way to just make the fog lights work as DRLs? They're LED and should have long bulb life. Yeah, I can run all the lights all the time but don't see the need.

A link or other post information appreciated. I've received notes that this of "often discused" and "use the search function," but can't find any information. :)

-- Chuck
Chuck the short answer is yes it can be done. The longer answer is that it takes using FORScan to edit the code in the modules

There are threads in the F150 Forum, but I don't have a link to them, but I do have this link which might be helpful. http://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/260487/

Daylight Running Lights.JPG

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Thanks! That's the start I need.:banana-mario:

Any recommendations for the OBD2 interface? I don't mind paying what quality costs.

Seems the best way would be my laptop? Any that link via a USB port or via a wireless router (I have a very robust home wireless setup).

-- Chuck

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just looked and the price really went up. I paid $79.95 back at the end of May. Now it showing $136.15 on Amazon. I don't know why the price went up so much but it is a good one and it does work. There is a OBDLink LX model that seems to be the same but I don't know if it is compatible with FORScan. There one on eBay for $131.51 for $5 I'm more comfortable with Amazon.

ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Windows

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I need to look for a USB version direct to my laptop vs Bluetooth.

-- Chuck
You can get a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into your USB port on your laptop for $12.99 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Warranty-Ava...-1-spons&keywords=usb+bluetooth+adapter&psc=1

http://www.forscan.org

Technical

What OBD2 adapters are supported?

All ELM327 adapters are supported, including clones. Situation with so-called "ELM-compatible" is more complex. Our opinion about "compatible" devices is reflected in this article: . At the moment (Feb 2013) the following ELM327-compatible devices are confirmed to be compatible with FORScan:

- OBDLink SX (STN1100 chipset) - confirmed by Naresh Seeparsad on JDM Mazda 323 BJ Familia 2002 MY

FORScan normally works with COM, USB and Bluetooth interfaces.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani