After market Double DIN radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm looking for an aftermarket CD/ DVD radio that fits the first generation expedition. All catalogs show a single DIN radio, but I've seen several people mount Double DIN's without a problem. All suggestions for specific models welcomed.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought mine from Crutchfield. They sent me instructions on where to cut the dash to make a double DIN fit. All the cuts are to non-structural pieces and are out of sight with the radio installed.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First editions have what is called din and a half size. Most people install a single din cd radio, with an adapter plate. Call Crutchfield, they seem to know more than most any shops I've dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U can put a DDIN in it just have to cut a piece in the dash...plenty of ppl here have done it

Mr. 10K

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if you got around to doing this yet but I want with a Jensen VX7022. The new model is the VX7021 and its a little faster with more options. I went with this head unit because of price and features. It has hand free bluetooth, USB input, bluetooth audio, Built in Navigation, backup camera, DVD and can handle screen sync with IPhone or Android.
Best thing I can tell you is to get the trim kit for the install. Colors are adjustable so I set it to green to match the vehicle. Oh yeah and I only paid $268 for it on Amazon :)

IMG_3294.JPG IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3293.JPG

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
some day i'll find a nice double din in the local junk yard and get it. 10 bucks for any kind of radio don't matter what year anything like that, iv seen some really nice regular head unit ones the cars ended up get crushed with a lot of good parts still in/on them ,yard i go to is not a salvage yard it's a recycling place they get cars/trucks/suvs for like 5 months more or less then they go to crusher

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to swap my pioneer had units...I have a pioneer avic-d3 that's going to be replaced by pioneer 8000 NEX...I'll sell to u for $250 shipped...it's navigation...Bluetooth...DVD...cd player

Mr. 10K