Almost Stranded by my 2016 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Driving home tonight with my wife and 6 month old and my Expedition dies while going down the highway at 55 mph. Felt an odd clunk feeling then a warning light message came on a wrench and said See Manual. Didn't hear anything clunk just felt it. I pull over and turn the car off. Go to restart it and after 2 attempts it starts but struggles. Got home okay but a bit concerned. Car doesn't even have 17k miles yet.. any idea guys? And with my luck being what it is our local Ford Dealer just went under... so there's that too..

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you recently fill up at a gas station you have never been to before? I have seen instances where you unknowingly fill up with bad gas, hit the road, only to be stranded miles down the road. Good luck either way!

OP
OP
AK_Zack

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Did you recently fill up at a gas station you have never been to before? I have seen instances where you unknowingly fill up with bad gas, hit the road, only to be stranded miles down the road. Good luck either way!
It's a gas station I frequent but I'm gonna stop and ask them about it tomorrow.

autoarcheologist

Reaction score
I have a friend who had lots of issues with the charging system on his 2016 Expy, buy the dash showed the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad that you got a re-start. There are some redundant systems that allow a "limp mode" in many engines today but it doesn't sound like you are running in that mode so that's a good thing. Good luck and please post what the issue was.

jeff

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Driving home tonight with my wife and 6 month old and my Expedition dies while going down the highway at 55 mph. Felt an odd clunk feeling then a warning light message came on a wrench and said See Manual. Didn't hear anything clunk just felt it. I pull over and turn the car off. Go to restart it and after 2 attempts it starts but struggles. Got home okay but a bit concerned. Car doesn't even have 17k miles yet.. any idea guys? And with my luck being what it is our local Ford Dealer just went under... so there's that too..
Same issue on my 16 platinum el. They pulled a code for the electronic throttle body. I too had the wrench light come that said see manual. Pulled over with it in limp mode, turned it off, started back up. Easy fix at the dealer which took all of 30 minutes to fix. I had 14,000 miles on it

OP
OP
AK_Zack

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Got the code today. Seems like bad gas. Gonna stop at the station tomorrow, forgot today and let them know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205