Almost Stranded by my 2016 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow Alaska, that's far. I have distant relatives in Fairbanks. Do you think that the thud could have been anything from the road? I.e. a rock, a big stick, a moose.... (Alaska, right?) Did you look under the body and see if there was any kind of dents or damage on the driveshaft, axles, transmission, etc.? Of course, it could just be some bad gas. Just trying to see if there are any other factors.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not implying either you or the source is incorrect, I'd like to know how "bad" gasoline can cause such an increase in pressure that a code is issued. If the gasoline is thicker you would have an increase but aged gas, I doubt it. Mixed with water, runs like crap but I doubt the viscosity change is enough for a code.

That code is usually used on the diesel side of things. Fuel purity is paramount to a diesel running correctly. The fuel filters are designed to catch the impurities so that the injection pump isn't destroyed due to extremely close tolerances.

So one thing to check is if diesel is in the tank, it is higher viscosity than gasoline by a little. And the fuel filter should be changed with a name branded filter.

If I remember correctly there isn't a test port on the fuel rail so you would need to add one temporarily to take a pressure reading. Read the pressure and see how high it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AK_Zack

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Not implying either you or the source is incorrect, I'd like to know how "bad" gasoline can cause such an increase in pressure that a code is issued. If the gasoline is thicker you would have an increase but aged gas, I doubt it. Mixed with water, runs like crap but I doubt the viscosity change is enough for a code.

That code is usually used on the diesel side of things. Fuel purity is paramount to a diesel running correctly. The fuel filters are designed to catch the impurities so that the injection pump isn't destroyed due to extremely close tolerances.

So one thing to check is if diesel is in the tank, it is higher viscosity than gasoline by a little. And the fuel filter should be changed with a name branded filter.

If I remember correctly there isn't a test port on the fuel rail so you would need to add one temporarily to take a pressure reading. Read the pressure and see how high it is.

I appreciate all the information! It's running great now after I added some HEAT to the tank.. so I have been in contact with the dealer and they said to try that and if my next fill up it has issue to let them know. They aren't opposed to shipping it down there if needed.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the information! It's running great now after I added some HEAT to the tank.. so I have been in contact with the dealer and they said to try that and if my next fill up it has issue to let them know. They aren't opposed to shipping it down there if needed.
Zack, How far away from the dealership are you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65