Almost Stranded by my 2016 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AK_Zack

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Yeah not tropical. I live in Southeast Alaska, and we get about 150 inches of rain a year.. feels like more this year.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just calculated it and I'm about 1000 miles away from the dealership.
Wow. That's hard to imagine. When you bought it did you fly down and drive back or did you do it over the internet or phone?

I've been to Anchorage once about 20 years ago. I was there for 4 days.I want to say it was early spring maybe May if I remember correctly; the sun didn't set until about 1:00 AM. It was very pretty country.

OP
OP
AK_Zack

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Wow. That's hard to imagine. When you bought it did you fly down and drive back or did you do it over the internet or phone?

I've been to Anchorage once about 20 years ago. I was there for 4 days.I want to say it was early spring maybe May if I remember correctly; the sun didn't set until about 1:00 AM. It was very pretty country.

I bought it on a whim. Happened to be down there, saw it and drove it and LOVED it so I bought it. Had them take it to the barge and shipped it up. So car died two more times on me today. Gas station had gas tested and came back negative for any contamination. Called dealership and was told they can't help me and I need to call Ford directly. I really hope Ford can help, if not I will be trading it in... don't want to but I won't keep something they won't support... maybe a BMW X5 or Audi Q7 will be my next ride of Ford doesn't pay to fix it.. we'll see. I will have to call them Tuesday, next day off.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for anything but I think Andy and ski are barking up the correct tree with the throttle body replacement. What you are experiencing seems so similar to what others with this issue have experienced and sometimes codes are thrown that are indirectly related to an issue. The way it dies like that sounds like that TSB fits like a glove for your truck. Maybe you can work on corporate to have it diagnosed by a shop since you are so far from dealers and pay the labor and parts to replace? I'm not sure because you are in a unique situation. You are going to have to work something out with corporate on this one. Be assertive and persuasive and see where you can get with them.

OP
OP
AK_Zack

AK_Zack

Reaction score
Not for anything but I think Andy and ski are barking up the correct tree with the throttle body replacement. What you are experiencing seems so similar to what others with this issue have experienced and sometimes codes are thrown that are indirectly related to an issue. The way it dies like that sounds like that TSB fits like a glove for your truck. Maybe you can work on corporate to have it diagnosed by a shop since you are so far from dealers and pay the labor and parts to replace? I'm not sure because you are in a unique situation. You are going to have to work something out with corporate on this one. Be assertive and persuasive and see where you can get with them.
I'm really hoping for a simple fix like that. I love my Expedition!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What information will FORscan give you concerning the throttle body? Angle, voltage, percentage etc?