Almost Stranded by my 2016 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aldwarii

Reaction score
Hi!
Any updates about this issue ? I have the exact same issue on my 2016 Expedition

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Previous comments suggested it was the throttle body. Try pulling codes with an Elm327 Bluetooth adapter and Torque App. Mine had to be replaced around 80k. If it's the throttle body that's an easy fix.

aldwarii

Reaction score
These are the codes I got
P0087
P008A
P00C6
P0627
All are from the continues memory DTC. Check engine sign appeared at the day of event and disappeared at the same day

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These are the codes I got
P0087
P008A
P00C6
P0627
All are from the continues memory DTC. Check engine sign appeared at the day of event and disappeared at the same day
Try this thread:

aldwarii

Reaction score
Thanks Jason!
My car is still starting, wondering if the same principle applies to my car?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the same codes ?
That is a relief. throttle body is way easier to replace, and cheaper ;)

Thanks in advance Utah

Can confirm. Mine went out while my wife was driving to work. I grabbed my tools and replaced it in the parking lot. I would definitely start there. Having said that, the code I got for the throttle body failure was different from the ones you posted. But for the relatively low price and time required to replace the part, it's worth a shot to see if it fixes your issue. Otherwise, it might be something in fuel system as related above.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65