Another day trip in the 14 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We were away from the house for about 8 hrs.

Ate breakfast at Chick fil a, stopped at a nice Mexican food restaurant a few miles from home on the way back.

Four of with coffee, cinnamon chewing gum (really wakes me up if I get drowsy). Me, my wife, her mom and her sister.

I took my Kindle and just read while they shopped in one store or another for clothes and stuff.

Mostly 55 mph top speed on two lane country roads. About 18 miles of 65 mph 4 lane driving.

Lots of stops (6 different stores plus two eating stops, and one two gas stops). I like to fill up before we start and fill up again just before we get home to get an idea of the mpg.

Beautiful day. Sunny all day, high around 60 F. Used the heated seats first thing that morning, AC later in the morning and the rest of the day (funny thing about having all those windows/sunroof/vented side window - causes the women's hair to get mussed up.)

Midlothian, Cumberland Courthouse, Buckingham Courthouse, Farmville, back to Midlothian and then home.

Eighteen and 9/10's miles per gallon. Everyone kept commenting all day about the ride comfort, the seats, the radio/sound (listened to religious music all day and I'm no expert on that, but the women like it).

We're still happy with it. Very nice vehicle.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wish I could fine one of these on island again.