Anyone ever use powerstop slotted rotors/pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gixer2000

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Looks like the brakes and wheel bearings will be here Saturday. IWE's are a couple days behind so I'll get some pics up, then some repair pics when everything is here.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My EBC Orangestuffs have been great. Almost need to close my eyes when I brake hard to keep my eyes from popping out. They have excellent heat resistance too.

They were really dusty at first- then I installed the anti-squeal clips. Still dusty, but in my experience, pads that don't dust also don't work very well.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much were they for a set? And what year expy do you have? Who did you order from? I have Ford pads, wonder if their sticky enough for those rotors?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much were they for a set? And what year expy do you have? Who did you order from? I have Ford pads, wonder if their sticky enough for those rotors?

I'm going to assume you were asking me.

I have a 2000.

Pads:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIHAFAE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a grind off a nub on the outer pads to get them in the caliper.

I didn't do the rear- those have Hawk LTS pads, and don't need replacement yet.

I use good quality blank rotors. I think mine are NAPA Premium or whatever their top grade is.

Carl H

Reaction score
I run them on the front of my 2003 F250 crew cab, love them. Did notice a difference while stopping my 7500# diesel, while towing and not.

Waiting for the rear stock replacements to wear out so I can put them on there as well. I don't have a brake dust problem but who knows....

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy cow! $184.00 for just pads, how much must the rotors be! I've already got the Ford pads waiting, matching Ebc rotors have got to be over $300.00. Well that's price for quality though. Thanks for info.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually $360.00 with pads/ drilled rotors. Saw online. That's not too crazy.

CaptOchs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the R1 concepts drilled/slotted on mine. Much better than Autozone junk and about the same in price. I don't have brake dust. If you go to their site, they explain the differences seen in drilled/slotted between different manufactures. These rotors are a bit heavier than others. I had a set on my Charger last about 4 years before they had to be changed. Not bad considering the salt we have to deal with in NY. I made the mistake of not giving myself enough time to order from R1 so I put AutoZone's high end rotor (Durlast Gold) on the Charger. It doesn't stop as well anymore. So it's not a coolness factor, good drilled/slotted performance help in stopping which is great for a tow vehicle.

Hint: I have always called and talked to their sales. If you give the impression of indecision, they will often quote you a lower price.

www.r1concepts.com/eline

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Powerstop rotors and pads on my 2008 Expedition and 2013 Mustang GT. They both are huge improvements over the stock brakes. Brake dust is not that bad. I have had them for over two years and no rust on the rotors either.

My 2013 Mustang GT has the track app program that tells you how long it takes to brake from 60MPH to 0 as well as the G force. Factory brakes were about 114 feet from 60MPH. I am now at 98 feet and 1.2G's of stopping power. It feels like my eyes will pop out of my head when I hit the brakes hard! Full disclosure, the 114 feet was on the all season tires and the 98 feet were on summer only tires. The summer tires are stickier.

I also replaced the factory rotors and pads on my 2017 Expy with only 600 miles on them( for sale in the classifieds section). I knew how well my 2008 Expy stopped and I wanted the same level of braking performance on my 2017. I purchased the EBC Yellow stuff brake pads and Stoptech Centric slotted and cross drilled rotors. I only went with these rotors because the rotor hats are powdercoated black. The Powerstop rotor hats are silver. The Stoptech Centric rotors with black hats matches the dark gray rims I got with the Limited Appearance package.

I have a G-tech meter to measure stopping distances but I have not done it yet on my 2017. I can tell you that under full hard braking the nose of the 2017 drops down further than with the factory brakes. As soon as Bilstein makes a HD shock for the 2017 model, I am going to swap them out. It will help with the nose diving under heavy braking.

ColoExpdn

Reaction score
I installed Powerstop ceramic brakes and slotted rotors (K3167) on the front of my 2010 Limited a few years ago (mid-2014). They are great when coming down from the mountains on some of the steep declines. I do not notice any more brake dust than with the OEM rotors. I have about 58000 miles on them without any issues.