Battery Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humper

Reaction score
Hello all. Have been a member for quite awhile but never posted. However, I have an '08 Expedition and on the gauge where the info shows up a battery light constantly stays on. I'm having charging issues so I've replaced the battery and the alternator, but still the lights and charging issues. Any ideas? Appreciate any info I can get.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a multimeter ? How much voltage are you getting at the battery with the motor at idle ? Where did you get the replacement alternator from ? If it's not a NAPA or Motorcraft alternator you can probably throw it in a canal.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need to check componets not replace them. Easy to load check a battery and check charging voltage with the engine running. Older trucks are prone to corrosion/rust on cables/connections.

Vdubnick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had similar issue on another car, ended up being a broken signal wire at the alternator, broke within the wire jacket, so it was intermitant at first, hard to pinpoint without a meter and wiggling stuff around.

OP
OP
H

humper

Reaction score
Motorcity, I only replaced the battery and alternator after they were tested and said to be not working. Have since,February 1st replaced battery again but the light is still on.

twodollars

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd start with checking batt voltage with engine off and running with some electrical load.