Big 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey everything happens for a reason. sry to hear that happened but an expedition is a much better vehicle. you roll it ur safe. as long as ur strapped in. but ill call him up. i might wanna runn 2 standard alts and dual batterys. maybe. but i still need 1/0 gauge.

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah go with knu for the wiring get there cheapest stuff from knu for big 3 because it has a super solid jacket and then get the flex for whatever else because when they say its flexible they mean it. your can literally wrap 1/0 around your finger its taht flexible

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah thats something else i was going to ask but now you answered it for me. thx. so get the not so flexy stuff for the big 3 and then the flexyness for the amps. okay. kool. now time to save up for this. o and should i fuse the alt to battery wire? and i still need to find the engine block ground too.

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont fuse it because its a battery and you would need to put out more amps then your alternator or a h/o could ever put out so a fuse doesnt do anything in my opinion just a fuse between amp and battery

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay thx. so ill just do the big three. gotta go to some audio places and see if they can find the engine block ground.

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would definately put a fuse in there you dont want that 0 to fray and ground out...your battery would explode casue it would be like directly crossing the battery terminals together and be a dead short. i would reccomend a 175 cause thats what the main fuses/fusible links are rated for

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay thx. so ill just do the big three. gotta go to some audio places and see if they can find the engine block ground.

engine block ground is on the starter lower mounting bolt at least on my 97 dont see y they would change it
IMG_0525.jpg

Last edited:

Chrismdean09

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that or you can save yourself 30 dollars and tape end of the wire or heat shrink your ends and not do a sloppy ass wiring job cause if your 1/0 frays and and connects the two post on your battery you mine as well not be driving cause thats a long as distance to cross witha frayed piece of wire