courtesy lights on Gen 2 running boards(like Gen 1 was)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpoJo

Reaction score
Has anyone done this custom mod? I always thought that was a cool option on the gen 1, but the gen 2 just has plain running boards... just curious whats out there...

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I though about it but I would just put 5' LED strips under both running boards and hook it up to the same circuit as the courtesy lights and my door handle lights, but I want to upgrade to the limited PTM running boards first

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExpoJo

ExpoJo

Reaction score
what are the PTM running boards all about?? I also sent you a message asking about your door handle leds, great idea... how do I do it? ALL my interior lights, puddle lights & tag lights have been changed to cool white LEDs looks GREAT! everyone notices it right off! Want to do all the buttons and knobs now.... im sure thatll be more interesting and difficult! lol

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what are the PTM running boards all about?? I also sent you a message asking about your door handle leds, great idea... how do I do it? ALL my interior lights, puddle lights & tag lights have been changed to cool white LEDs looks GREAT! everyone notices it right off! Want to do all the buttons and knobs now.... im sure thatll be more interesting and difficult! lol

There just the running boards the limiteds come with which are paintable because I'm going all white on my truck gotta ditch the Eddie Bauer running boards, I'm still working on my write up for the LED door handles but I can tell you what you need, we have a few wiring gurus that can walk u thru doing all the buttons/switches on here

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ExpoJo

ExpoJo

Reaction score
Yea im definitely interested in how you did the led handles, im pretty tech savy so if I knew the basics I could do it... thanks! Im also gonna go with the HID 8000k lows & fogs... saw where you mentioned the site you used but I didn't see where they are as cheap as you mentioned??

OP
OP
ExpoJo

ExpoJo

Reaction score
Also... I saw that you have the clear lenses on your mirror puddle lights... the ones that come on limited & navigators... been looking for a site to purchase them... who did you use?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also... I saw that you have the clear lenses on your mirror puddle lights... the ones that come on limited & navigators... been looking for a site to purchase them... who did you use?

Go to the "OEM parts 10% off" thread or something like that in our vendor section it has part numbers and everything and pm tasca Kevin he'll send u a PayPal link to pay, I believe they were like $70-$100 shipped I don't remember exactly I ordered other stuff too. me and freeway I know for sure ordered and have them installed and there pretty sweet!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldnt pay more than $70+change...total will be like $63 or something...$10 shipping

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea im definitely interested in how you did the led handles, im pretty tech savy so if I knew the basics I could do it... thanks! Im also gonna go with the HID 8000k lows & fogs... saw where you mentioned the site you used but I didn't see where they are as cheap as you mentioned??

There like $40 ish now ddmtuning.com raptor H.I.D. 9006 and H-10

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk